VAN NUYS 3rd Strike King of the Machine results!

Sems like everyone likes the new format!

After 3 hrs, Pyrolee (Michael Fauson) JR Rodriguez, and Frankie “Business” Menendez had 20 wins, 21 wins, and 18 wins.

JR beat Frankie in a match that sent Pyrolee to fight JR in the finals. JR defeated Pyrolee to take home $50 (paid) 13 people entered the tournament, by the end of the night only 7 remained! Ken and BAS both took 4th and 5th place, whole everyone else tied for 6th!

1st-JR Rodriguez (21 wins, 3-1 win in finals)
2nd-Michael “Pyrolee” Fauson (20 wins)
3rd-Frankie “Denjin Ryu” Menendez (18 wins)
4th-Ken “Japanese Machine” (10 wins)
5th-BAS “I am too good” (6 wins)

everyone else, 6th!

woo hoo! i got Sixth!!!

Hey, that turney sounded awesome. Props to Roman for getting 6th, and to my man Pyrolee for getting 2nd. 3 hours!? Yikes. But I guess that’s shorter than a turney.

Where was Jason Wilson on this thing?

-XvDF

thanks for the props doggystyle, but all but the top five players got, count 'em, 0 wins. i was just making a joke. top players here are monsters, they soo dominate. i saw Frankie own yes OWN BAS in a couple a matches. he couldn’t deal with the parries. good to see other players come out for the event though. Reza and what not…

3rd STRIKE

THANKS DreamTR FOR MAKING 3rd STRIKE TOURNAMENTS. THE REASON I DIDN’T WANT TO ENTER IS BECAUSE I DIDN’T HAVE ENOUGH CASH TO GO BACK TO L.A., BUT THANKS TO KingRaoh FOR PAYING MY ENTRY FEE. HEY Dream WHEN IS THE NEXT TOURNAMENT GOING TO BE? LATERZ…:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

3rd STRIKE (VAN NUYS)

CONGRATULATIONS TO J.R. RODRIGUEZ(AKUMA) FOR GETTING 1st PLACE ON THIS GREAT TOURNAMENT.

GREAT JOB FOR ALL THOSE WHO PARTICIPATED ON THIS TOURNAMENT.

LIKE ALWAYS PROPS TO JASON WILSON(Dream TR) FOR MAKING TOURNAMENTS VERY SUCCESSFUL FOR 3rd STRIKE FANS.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool::stuck_out_tongue:

3rd STRIKE

Ahhhhh…KR dug his own grave :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations JR!

You too pyro!!! You’re improving too damn quickly…Nebraska is in DEEP trouble come November :evil:

–Rich from AZ

SoCal > Japan? :slight_smile: What is that about? Bas getting rusty? No matter, its still impressive.

1 question. How were eliminations handled in this format? I was under the impression there was none, and that everyone kept playing to rack up wins and the 2 guys w/ the most wins fought in the finals…

k uh so cal beating two japan players (ken who’s not even considered to be good in japan and bas who has too much trouble parrying on our sticks) does not = socal > japan.

i really wish everyone would quit making a big deal about it… that’s like me beating liquid metal at cvs2 or something =\ ken and bas are really good players to our standards, but the way you worded that sucked.

Shut your hole, Wang Chung.

N - sick of hater-mooks

Thanks for making this tournament take place Jason, good stuff.

You’re bandwagonning on the scrub-slide by chiming in all-to-eagerly that “Oh, Japan as a whole is so much better than each and every one of our players!” when the slim opportunity presents itself. I’m sick of hearing it, it’s nonsense. The difference between tip-op players in Japan and Super-Good (tm Corn-Country) players here is apparent, but slim. If you send 5 of the absolute best players ANYWHERE to the US (And if you really want to argue that Nuki, Bas, Tokido, et al aren’t amongst the best players ever, you’re in for a real barney) then what the bloody fock do you expect to happen? Marvel doesn’t count for squat, because no one but overfed american kids plays it (No, I’m not making the easy J-wo joke. I always say fat american kids. No, really. Big ups Runaway Chun).

In closing, bugger off scrub. If we (being the upper 20% of the 3s community, as that’s the only we I can legitimately claim to) got a chance to play against better players than ourselves more often, this sort of shite wouldn’t come up. But as it stands, we don’t. So we make a dollar out of fifteen cents.

N

Also: “SoCal > Japan? :)” - When people put smilies on things, they’re usually kidding. That’s why you’ll never see them in my posts. [expletive].

Im well of aware of our track record against Japan in 3s. I’m just giving props where props is due. I would expect the same thing, if Nebraska 3s shut down a former top-ranked japanese 3s player. Even though he was slightly handicapped with the sticks…

If you don’t know squat about 3s, then a scrub is exactly what you are. Scrub.

“Hey, now I’ll challenge him in a shitty game so I can look cool with my AIM buddies! LOL!” – Fuck CVS2.

Hey. Assmonkey. “Our” track record against the Japanese? Evidently you weren’t paying attention, so I’ll have to explain it to your scrub ass again. If ONE player in Toronto is the best in the world, does that make Canada the best at Third Strike? No. On the TWO separate occasions where japanese players battled US players, they were the best players in the entire country of Japan at that game. We, on the other hand, have had slightly sub-standard (as far as 3s is concerned) groups fighting them. Even on this last jaunt at Evo, it was highly questionable as to who deserved to be on the team and who just happened to be able to show up for Evo. So, in a nutshell, suck on a lemon. Next year when there’s a proper 3s selection of players, and they’ve all had a chance to see their opponents play more than ONE time, you can bet your shoes that the outcome will be a tad different.

And if you want to play 3s, I’ll pick any character (even Sean vs Yun) and rip your head off. Bet on that shite.

N

thanks for actually being mature. i suppose i took your comment a bit too seriously since i had been hearing way too many people say things like “i beat bas he’s not even that great at 3s” etc and i got tired of it =\ feel free to try and calm down thongboy after he reads my post and blows up with more scrub talk. peace

Sorry to bump in, but this isn’t entirely true. Nuki stopped playing 3s a while ago for CvS2 and except for Mester (who’s not even the best Yun in Japan right now), none of the other players are ranked in the top places of the Game Newton league. If you’re going by recent tourney results, then they are not the best in Japan right now.

you people really dont have a fucken clue do you. all you guys who play 3s now, come on… do you really think you can beat the japanese at this game?? i guarantee you wont. i dont give a fuck how good you are or how much you practice. its just not happening. dude, all you faggets that talk shit cant even beat me, so how can you compete with someone in japan that is at least 2x better than me?? stop the hate, japan owns in 3s, i will bet someone some serious money, if they want to fly to japan, get their ass rocked, then look foolish.

heres the bet:

i will pay for anyone to fly to japan, all expenses paid, and give them a $1000 bonus if they can beat the true top players at the time.

if you lose, you pay for my ticket, all my expenses, and come back to the states and just shut your fucken hole.

HOW BOUT THAT dickheads???

i doubt many of you can afford this bet, but if by some stroke of luck you can come up with the money, lets put it up to the test and try it buddy. i would love another free trip to japan…

You fools think beating someone a few times means you can actually “beat” them and that makes you better than them. I beat Watson in ST at MWC2002 (in the winner’s bracket), but I’m not better than him at all in ST.

The top Japanese SF players are in another league than most if not all of the U.S. SF players…except for Mvc2 of course. Even the so-called “scrubs” in Japan can beat most fools in the U.S. Americans are too stupid to beat the Japanese. They break the game down into molecules…

Anyways, fools should stop bringing up Bas’ name cuz yall ain’t never going to be on his level. BTW, HE DOESN’T EVEN PLAY 3S… RELATIVELY SPEAKING.

We all saw what happened that past few years in the Team USA v. Team Japan showdowns. Japan straight up DOMINATED in 3s and A3. It was a fucking joke.

All you freaking Americans need to stop living in a fucking big ass bubble.

RE: Strider

Hey. Blow me. That non-scrub enough for you?

N - Any time, gweilo

Im not sure if any of the above comments were directed at me specifically. But just in case, I never meant to imply that we are better than Japan at 3s. I don’t think anyone is disputing that Japan owns us. But we should be allowed to pat ourselves on the back when we do defeat someone like BAS in 3s. Aint nothing wrong with giving out props.

too bad there won’t be any more team usa vs. japan 3s events at future evo tournaments…hopefully the players from japan that do end up coming to n-cubed enjoy their stay and we actually put up a decent enough fight so that they will continue to come back and play us.