Vancouver, BC Tournament? Any Takers?

Hey guys. I’ve been thinking about this for a while and a friend finally gave me a push in this direction… it’s the direction of a tournament! I’ve wanted to compete for years now but never was really given a chance to do so (being in highschool and all) now that I’m a little older and such, I want to get out there and clash heads with people.

I guess, first and foremost, I have to ask… are there any gamers from the Vancouver, BC, Canada area who would be interested in a small tournament? I was thinking a small entry fee of something like $5-$10 per player. Double elimination. Winnings would be roughly of 50%-100% of the entry fees depending on whether or not I’m able to do this at my place (I have 4 TVs but would need people to bring more PS3’s or Xbox 360’s) I don’t wanna sound like a douche but I don’t want to be out money for trying to hold a tournament.

Winning would be organized something like this…

Say we have 100 players at $5 a piece… That’s a total of $500 given towards the cause…

1st place - $150 and a 1st place of whatever my tourny gets called piece of paper
2nd place - $100 and a 2nd place of whatever my tourny gets called piece of paper
3rd place - $50 and a 3rd place of whatever my tourny gets called piece of paper

This would allow me $200 for either renting a place to do this and/or buying freshments and munchies for the gamers. Anything else remaining would be given to the winners.

Anyone interested?

PS: If I were to enter myself and win, all my winnings (minus the $5 entry fee) would be given back to the gamers to either cover their entrance fee or maybe go out for beers or something