Venice,ca sf4 tournament showdown! 8/29/09!

Hello my name is George and I work at TEN2Gaming. On August 29th I will be running a Street Fighter 4 Tournament in Venice, CA at TEN2Gaming. We will be holding our FIRST ever SF4 tournament.

This will be Double Elimination played on Xbox 360’s. There a $10pre-register Entry Fee to the tournament.
pre-sign ups for only $10. Cut off day for pre-sign ups is aug 26.after the cut off day for registration it will be $15.

1st Place - $100
2nd Place - $50
3rd Place - $25

CONSOLE : xbox 360

DATE

Saturday, August 29th, 2009

TIME

Sign-ups start at 10am, Tournament will start at 12pm

TEN2PC&Games
316 Lincoln Blvd Venice, CA 90291
(310) 310-8994

FEE

$10 Entry Fee per person entering the tournament be for Aug 26th.
$15 Entry Fee per person entering the tournament after Aug 27th.

FORMAT

Games to be played on Xbox 360’s
2/3 Rounds
2/3 Games
99 Seconds
Double Elimination
Default Health and Handicap
Loser Final and Winner Final will be 3/5 Rounds and 2/3 Games

GENERAL RULES

• This is BYOC (Bring your own controller) or Bring your own stick. We will provide controllers and sticks. Wired controllers and sticks only!
  • $10 Tournament Fee be for Aug 27th.
    -$15 tournament fee after Aug 27th
  • No characters are banned
  • Prize pool will be $100.00 for 1st place
  • 2nd place will be $50.00
    -3rd place will be $25.00
  • All stations will be Xbox 360, it is the players responsibility to bring the appropriate adapters
  • Winner must keep the same character, loser may change
  • Players may agree on stage select, if not, it goes to random select
  • Double Blind pick will be available if requested
  • Any type of threats or violence in the store will not be tolerated and security will remove you
  • Game pausing will be dealt with on a per instance basis…ultimately I have the final decision
  • Hardware macros, turbo, or other hardware assisted mechanisms are strictly forbidden
  • I will be supervising the tournament and running the bracket, but, the winning player should also report to me the outcome of the match
  • You may change button configuration however you like, but, LP,MP,HP & LK,MK,HK will be the only button binding allowed.
  • Violating any of these rules may result in a DQ depending on the circumstance, please, read the rules so everyone is clear

ok so my old post of this got deleted. some people had some questions and i answered them but sadly the post got deleted. anyways. i cant remember the name of the people that signed up already but there are a few people that have paid already. (not from the forums yet) but expecting most you that sign up here to come down to the store and get the pre-sign ups out of the way. if a lot of people do come down the pot will be raised.

wow. i forgot to add a link to the pics for the site!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?success=1&id=799189939#/pages/Venice-CA/Ten2Gaming/105498937477

this is a facebook link with all the info for the showdown! become a fan and sign up for the showdown!

Sounds like fun, ai ranbat on the 15th, this on the 29th, and then WCW in Sept. I might make it to this.

Do players other than 1st place get paid? How much?

2nd and 3rd placed players will receive free time to use our computers and Xbox360 consoles whenever they want.

2nd Place - 2 All Day Passes
3rd Place - 1 All Day Pass

If 2nd or 3rd place wants cash prized it would go like this.

1st Place - $100
2nd Place - $50
3rd Place - $25

but thats only if everyone will agree to it.

I think everyone would agree to not come if second and third don’t pay some bank.

then i guess i ma change it then.

1st Place - $100
2nd Place - $50
3rd Place - $25

Where is ranbat hosted?

does that mean if more than 20 people show up (or the amount of money the players put in exceeds $175) that you’ll pocket the rest of it rather than adding it to the pot?

i need to give some money to the owner of the store for letting me use the set-up that is here. but if its like…a#$%^ load more. the rest will be added to the pot.

so in total i ma have 2 joy sticks. the rest are controllers. remember, you guys are more then welcome to bring to your own sticks. im still working on getting a total of 4 sticks just in case.

why don’t you just do 70/20/10 for the pot instead and tell the owner to put up or … ? :slight_smile:

lolololol!!! wish i could do that.

I really don’t like these tourney organizer that come out and try to pocket some cash for “expenses, rents, paying out the man, etc” this guy even has preregistration? wtf so if you dont preregister he’ll pocket in more money, last tourney that did this only had 8 people show up, I DON’T RECOMMEND THIS TOURNEY YET!!! some changes must be made, I might drive down there next week and have a chat with “the owner”

I enter cause it’s relatively close to me. Sounds fun.

if alot of people do show up the pot does go up. and the money that is collected after the pre-register (the $15) gos stright to the pot. and the owner is here on random bases. but if you can pm me when u think u might be able to come down, i can met with u here and we talk about it Phenomenub or we can even chat about it on aim or face to face so we can clear up some things.

100$ seems really low. I’m sure if you added another 100 to the pot it wouldnt hurt + more people would show up.

DUDE, JUST DON’T SHOW UP IF U DON’T LIKE IT… :lame::lame: I’LL B THERE WITH 3 OF MY FRIENDS…:smile::smile: I THINK IT’S FINE THE WAY U GUYS R RUNNING IT…:party: SEE U ON THE 29TH… LATERZZZ