Vewlix Clones

Has any one bought a vewlix clone on this site?..Are they trust worthy and reliable?..
How much was the total shipped to U.S.A.

http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/machines/cabinets_only/LCD_Metal_Cabinet_32_inch_with_horizontal_screen_7837.html

If you have the money to buy a vewlix clone, why not build one. It seems to be cheaper from what I have been reading from different members build logs. Just a suggestion.

so 2k to buy one (including shipping) or build one if you have the tools otherwise find someone to build it for you.

If you had someone build it for you what would it cost? materials alone would be near 1k wouldnt it? including the tv and speakers and stuff?

Seems like a pretty good way for an up and coming arcade to get some brand recognition (red vewlix) and prebuilt machines already set up for pay per play

But, that’s assuming these are good quality.

For the price of the clone’s i dont think it will be much cheaper building one yourself plus the effort and time you would have to put into it…Also you have to remember that this is Metal and ABS plastic not wood.

Essentially this would be almost an exact copy of the original minus the monitor, logos, and color schemes.

These Vewlix clones, and Noir clones (branded “Fly High”) are all over China. You can have them right next to the branded “real” cabs and there are basically no differences. Though I do notice that on the Vewlix clones, the shaft height of the sticks seem to be longer than usual, but that could be the arcade staff failing at installs.

I’ve heard that the blue vewlixes don’t have as high a quality monitor than the red ones, so research that a bit more maybe.

On a related note, I really don’t get why westerners have such a hard on for the Vewlix design. It’s much less comfortable to play on than Noir/Fly Highs. The CP seems to be of lesser build quality too; a lot of arcade OPs here end up having to drill through them to keep the sticks mounted right. The main SF4 arcade here uses 4 noir cabs and 2 vewlixs for a total of 6 SF4 cabs. When given a choice, almost no one wants to play on the vewlixes.

Care to elaborate (never played on a Vewlix, only on Noirs. Though I admit that I like the form factor/look of the cab more than the Noir).

This is admittedly an arcade problem that people wouldn’t experience at home.

The Vewlix CP is about 3 or 4 inches higher off the ground than the Noir, so when you push the standard arcade seating up to it, the CP is higher than it should be.

From a maintenance perspective as well, the Noir is easier to deal with. The compartment that holds all the test switches are on the top of the CP, instead of under the hood.

I think the monitors look better too, but that’s obviously subjective.

I guess if you get some adjustable chairs and can deal with the red eye sores in your living room, Vewlix are fine too. It’s a shame the blue ones aren’t the standard paint job.

But yeah, if I was rich, I’d definitely get a fleet of Noirs. Or more likely, Fly Highs.

So can you hookup your PS3/360 on these? Seems like a good price but shipping kills it…

If you got the money and are lazy and don’t want to learn anything about doing it yourself, Id buy it if i wanted to be lazy and had the money, But personally i like the learning experience.

The prices are way high for some of the other cabs they provide

Although it’s true that its metal, I guess it’s really preference and if you have the time to do so.

Shipping for a single cab to the US will be probably close to the price of the cab itself so for $3k, I think there are better options. It’s definitely not worth getting as a single order. Join some group cab orders that people are putting together. I know Neo-Geo forums usually has at least one group order going on at any one time.

~Paik

Shipping for a single cab to the US will be probably close to the price of the cab itself so for $3k, I think there are better options. It’s definitely not worth getting as a single order. Join some group cab orders that people are putting together. I know Neo-Geo forums usually has at least one group order going on at any one time.

~Paik

…is there a link where I can purchase any of these Noirs/Fly Highs?

Aren’t the Noir cabs actually used by Namco now? I think coinopexpress has both the real Noir cabs and the clones. They seem to be almost the same price as Vewlix clones.

http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/machines/cabinets_only/Arcade_game_cabinet_32_Inch_LCD_screen_7835.html

Actually they quoted me 320 for shipment to my port…don’t know how much export tax will be?..

Where do you live? That seems like a good price for shipping.

The shape of those Noir cabiets actually looks pretty cool. I may have a crack at making one of those as they look pretty simple shape wise.

That clone isn’t very good. There are a lot of differences between it and a Noir:
http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/machines/cabinets_only/Namco_32_inch_LCD_Cabinet_7427.html

This is the Fly High (Noir clone) I was talking about. They are pretty common over here. Like I said, I like them a lot. I have no idea what you could buy them for, but as always, shipping from China is pretty pricey.

http://arcadeheroes.com/2010/02/03/tekken-6-clone-cabinet-emerges-from-china/

Well, that one at CoinOpExpress is the only Noir cab clone I can find. The Fly High look nice but that article on Arcade Heroes is the only thing I could find when looking for them as well, lol. Of course, you can get the real Noir cab for $5K plus shipping! Too bad you couldn’t find someone for us to buy some Fly High cabs over there an ship them to us.

They aren’t really Noir clones though, is what I’m saying. It’s based on a similar design, but isn’t really a clone.

Ok, so my google fu dug up some info:

This guy at Neo-Geo.com bought one:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202639

Note it has both Noir and Flyhigh stickers. Apparently (like I had thought) they are indeed made in the same factories. The only differences is the stickers. The Flyhigh might have a cheap amp too; I think the amps on the Noirs kind of suck as well, so they might be the same.

Here is the company’s web page:
http://www.flyhighgames.com.cn/ProductsDetail.aspx?ID=37

It seems like there is another company called “Kingsley” that makes knockoffs, but I couldn’t really dig up anything on them.

The guys at the neo-geo forums seem to know what’s up though. Might want to ask around there.