VGBootCamp Indianapolis: 2/20-21/2010, Hote Deal lPushed Forward 'til the 18th!

VGBootCamp Indianapolis

Date
February 20, 2010 - February 21, 2010**

Address
Indiana Convention Center
100 South Capitol Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46225**

Venue Pic 1
Venue Pic 2
Click Here to Pre-register

Prices**

Venue Fee:$20 if you don’t Pre-reg, (if you pre-reg you still have to pay $20 up front but will be given $5 cash at the event)

Singles for all events: $10

Doubles/Teams for all events: $10

Game/Events
Melee Doubles
Melee Singles
Brawl Doubles
Brawl Singles
Street fighter 4 Doubles
Street Fighter 4 Singles
Street Fighter 2 turbo HD Remix Doubles
Street Fighter 2 turbo HD Remix Singles
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Doubles
Marvel Vs. capcom 2 Singles

Schedule
**(Subject to Change)

Saturday

10:00 AM: Doors Open(Spectators may come and must pay spectator fee($10)
11:00 AM: Melee Doubles
12:00 PM: SFIV Singles Pools
3:00 PM: SFIV Singles Bracket
3:00-4:00 PM: Melee Singles Pools
7:00 PM: Melee Singles Bracket
8:00 PM: SFIV Doubles
Around 12:00 AM: Day 1 Complete

Sunday

10:00 AM: Doors Open
11:00 AM: Brawl Doubles
12:00 PM: MVC2 Singles
3:00-4:00 PM: Brawl Singles Pools
3:30 PM: MVCV2 Doubles
5:30 PM: Brawl Singles
6:00 PM: SF2HDR Singles
9:00 PM: SF2HDR Doubles
12:00 AM: Tournament Complete

** Payouts(If Under 100 People):**
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%**

** Payouts(If Over 100 People):**

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%
5th: 2.5%

Housing

We’ve Cut a Deal with the Econo Lodge for the betterment of gamers

Room with 2 Queen Size Beds, 1 TV, and Bathroom with shower.

* 44.99 for 2 people per night
* 54.99 for 4 people per night

Call Before February 18th to get your room! Mention the VGBootCamp Indianapolis deal and make sure you get your shuttle tickets when you get there.

317-248-1113

Shuttle

there will be a shuttle going back and forth from the** Econo Lodge** to the Indianapolis Convention Center at the follwing times:

Saturday

* 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
* 11:00 PM to 1:00 Am

Sunday

TVs

25(VGBootcamp)

Rules

Street Fighter IV

-No Characters are banned

-Each player will have 2 lives

-the timer will be set to 99

-You will have to beat your opponent in a 2/3 set to move on(Not 2/3 Rounds)

-Winners Losers Finals will be 3/5

-Grand Finals will be 4/7

-Life will be set to 5 starts

Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

-Akuma is banned

-Each player will have 2 lives

Marvel VS. Capcom 2

-No Characters are banned

-any glitches that stop the flow of game play are banned(I.E. Gambit’s Stalling glitch)

-Damage will be set to Default

-Handicap will set to default

-Turbo 1

-You can’t have one character multiple times on your team

Melee

4 stock
2/3 sets
3/5 finals
8 minute time limit
Items off
Ties broken by lives, then %
First stage agreed upon or random
Daves Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
Bring your own controller
Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
Team Attack will be ON
Life stealing allowed

• Singles Stages on random Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshis Story And Pokemon Stadium.
  • Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, onett, Princess Peach’s Castle, Great bay, Yoshi’s island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2, Green Greens
    -Fountain of Dreams and Mute City will Also be banned in Doubles

**Brawl
Singles:

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

No Items

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.

Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.

You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

• Counterpick Stages:

o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium 1

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede’s small-step chain grab.
-Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren’t used for stalling.
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).

• Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
    o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf’s over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
    o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round

Doubles:

• Same standard rules and stages as singles.
  • Chibo’s Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
    -Stock sharing is allowed.
    -Team Attack is on

Click Here to go to the Circuit’s Main Page**

Wow. So many rules for Smash/Melee.

“12AM Day Finishes”… this sounds like my kinda tournament, sign me up for both SF4 events… for sure if you guys keep it here in naptown you will definitely have me as a competitor… this’ll prolly be one of the bigger events that have gone down here… if i perform well and place high does that mean i get a sorta free pass or high seed in the next VG event?.. and how come there’s no Tekken 6 event?.. and who is VG associated with?.. i know it’s not WCG…

I want to do this, but I might have to skip this one unless I’m back in Indiana.

This needs more Hype. Im gonna be here. Anyone else?

this looks interesting

need updated info

the OP has been updated with the following information:

Schedule
(Subject to Change)

Saturday

10:00 AM: Doors Open(Spectators may come and must pay spectator fee($10)
11:00 AM: Melee Doubles
12:00 PM: SFIV Singles Pools
3:00 PM: SFIV Singles Bracket
3:00-4:00 PM: Melee Singles Pools
7:00 PM: Melee Singles Bracket
8:00 PM: SFIV Doubles
Around 12:00 AM: Day 1 Complete

Sunday

10:00 AM: Doors Open
11:00 AM: Brawl Doubles
12:00 PM: MVC2 Singles
3:00-4:00 PM: Brawl Singles Pools
3:30 PM: MVCV2 Doubles
5:30 PM: Brawl Singles
6:00 PM: SF2HDR Singles
9:00 PM: SF2HDR Doubles
12:00 AM: Tournament Complete

Housing

We’ve Cut a Deal with the Econo Lodge for the betterment of smashers.

Room with 2 Queen Size Beds, 1 TV, and Bathroom with shower.

* 44.99 for 2 people per night
* 54.99 for 4 people per night

Shuttle

there will be a shuttle going back and forth from the Econo Lodge to the Indianapolis Convention Center at the follwing times:

Saturday

Sunday

Akuma is banned in SF2HDR

Accidental Double Post

What console is the SF4 going to be on?

the system will be ps3, but if you have an xbox and want to bring it, we will see what we can do.

i’m gearing up for this event and i’m totally down to compete… but this event seems to lack steam… it’s less than 20 days til game time and there’s no rigid anticipation or anything… maybe this event is more mainstream than i know or something…either way i’m gonna be there to play so let’s do this… also there’s no prices for events in the OP…

post research edit: actually this event has alotta headway in the brawl community… that points towards a low high level SF4 turnout but still a fine tournament none-the-less… i’ll be there to rep SF4

hmmm…I’ll probably come…if for nothing else to play casuals with folks that do show.

yeah, im goimg to be helping at this, so I am bringing my A game! Not that good at mah vel but will enter to help the tournament out. HD and sf4 is where it is at though! Also, if this circuit gains hype, this event is looking like free points for those who come, it will be beneficial in the end. I also heard that they might be giving a cash prize at the end of the year for those who have the most points, so im taking 1st at this!

Apostle - besides the end of year event, they are also paying out cash prizes to each separate singles and 2v2 event in Indianapolis right? I mean if I were to come to this am I just playing for points only or am I also playing for cash?

yeah, there is a pot that every entrant puts about 10 dollars into, this will be split between 1-3 i beleive. Might be awarded to more places depending on turnout and such.

BUMP for the sake of the game
who knows may even show up.
but I dont know how serious I can take a tourny with a game that has less than 2months to live…

Good Luck doods.
I hope Bazard and Bank take top 2. get em boys

Apostle - is pre-registration necessary to compete? Or can anyone show up the day of and sign up for tournaments?

Pre-registration is not necessary, however, if you do not pre-reg you have to pay $20 total for the venue opposed to $15

lack of hype at this point seems to indicate that this will be a slower paced tourney… but also points toward me placing nice and high… yo brent you wanna team up for the 2v2 if neither of us have partners?