VICTORIA, BC Super Fighting Game Tournament Deluxe (FEBRUARY 19)

The Facebook Event is here, please drop by and click “I’m Attending” if you can make it out.

The tournament will take place at UVic, with the exact room TBA – however, it is very likely to be in the Engineering and Computer Science building (ECS) in one of the lecture halls on the ground floor. You can find a map of the campus at University of Victoria - Maps and buildings - 2D Map Check back here/at the facebook page for the final room announcement.

I plan to run SSF4 singles and MVC3 singles as the main events. I’m also down to host anything else that 8+ people sign up for and that we have enough time/setups to run. This could include BlazBlue CS, SF2:HDR, Super Smash Brothers Melee/64, Tekken 6, etc.

The main games will be $10 entry, with a pot split of 50/25/15. The 10% house cut will be used to balance out winnings into even amounts (i.e. if 3rd place should mathematically get $9 or something and i only have 10s i’ll just give them a 10) and given to people who I co-ordinate with to bring setups to UVic. Side events will be whatever people agree to pay, probably $5. There is no general-admittance fee since it isn’t costing me anything to book the venue.

I’ll try to get the set-up process started by 1pm, with actual games hopefully starting by 2pm. The room booking will officially go to 10:50pm, and I hope that we will be done with actual events long before that, but if people want to stay late for casuals that is fine, as they (UVic) are pretty lenient about staying late. **If you can only come for a certain time window and want to participate in a certain event, please say so, and I’ll try to accommodate as many people as possible. **(i.e. if most people who want to enter SSF4 can only come after 6pm, I’ll wait until then to start the event). My speculative first-draft schedule is to do MVC3 at 3pm and SSF4 at 5pm.

The tournament format:

• Double elimination, without any seeding
  • SSF4 matches will be the standard: best 2/3 games, where each game is best 2/3 rounds. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals will be best 3/5 games.
  • MVC3 will be best 2/3 rounds, with Winners/Losers/Grand Finals being best 3/5 rounds.
  • Losers of a game/round may change characters (and in SSF4, any player may change Ultras between games).

Responsible behaviour is expected, and I as the host reserve the right to disqualify people or kick people out if that becomes necessary for some reason. Just be nice to people and to the equipment.

Please bring your own controllers (and yes, arcade sticks will be allowed unlike certain other events which shall go unnamed =/). We’ll try to have both 360s and PS3s to accommodate everyone. If you can bring set-ups (TVs and/or consoles) please let me know, and I’ll try to get you a “rebate” from the house cut of the events.

Also, invite people and GET HYPE. And if you think of a better tournament name, feel free to suggest it haha

I’m in for this. Victoria needs more events like this, and I’d personally like to meet more of the Victoria fighting game community so get out there, tell your friends and get hype!

link to VIctoria thread.

http://shoryuken.com/f248/victoria-2011-a-261197/