Video card overheating

So pretty recently my video card has been overheating.And I found out that it has been factory overclocked, because I got it pre built. I’ve talked to one of my friends and he said the only way to fix it was to get a new power supply and a new video card because my power supply is only 400 watts. I was wondering if there is a way to just replace my video card that is about the same level or better then video card which is a 9800 GT, without buying a new power supply.

My Specs

first you should try to clean the dust out of your computer since dust will cause the computer’s temperature to rise. Just take some compressed air and blow out all the heatsinks and wipe the blades of the fans.

if there is no change in temperatures then you could consider a new card and a power supply since its not worth it to buy a card with the same power as your current card.

if you arent willing to spend money you could always just download rivatuner and underclock back to normal clocks.

what are you temperatures anyways since unless the card goes over 90 degrees C its not really dangerous

Alright I’m going to go out and buy some compressed air and blow out some of the dust. I’ll also use rivatuner and see how that works. Thanks a lot.

What is “overheating”? Like what temps? Post a screenshot using speedfan.

Is your current power supply have the fan blowing out of the case or have it blowing vertically into the case?

Do you have a good case fan? And do you have your case fully assembled?

Are all new drivers installed on the video card?

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9140/wasdm.jpg

Its blowing out of the case.

Yes

Yes

Gonna bump my thread. I tried blowing out the dust of my computer but that didn’t work.
Back to my original question, is there a video card that is the same level of my 9800GT or better that can work on a 400 watt power supply.

Gonna bump my thread. I tried blowing out the dust of my computer but that didn’t work.
Back to my original question, is there a video card that is the same level of my 9800GT or better that can work on a 400 watt power supply.

Personally, I’d just buy a new power supply, it’ll save you alot of headaches in the long run.