Video Critique

abel

Apologies if there’s a thread for this already…wouldn’t mind a critique of this ass whooping I took.

Thanks in advance.

[media=youtube]J98cksvp7_g[/media]

jump the fireballs abit closer where u can atk him, roll through his fireballs in reaction… i saw u do cr.mk afew times but u didnt buffer into cod? didnt see 1 step kick. if you do a meaty TT, dont do EX… waste of meter. u did somthing after a cr.lk->lp most of the time and got punished… cr.lk cr.lp then step kick str8 away or wait if u know hes gonna uppercut, if he doesnt uppercut do a TT or a stepkick

dont worry if u cant do a 1 frame link on step kick… just step kick normal throw/TT if he jumps do a hp. just need to learn to use step kick. watch nekojitas tutorial posted by HFX

Yea I was going for step kick after the cr. lk, cr. lp chain but have been having trouble getting it out fast enough or messing up the execution to where a st. mk comes out.

I can hit the step kick to HP link about 50% of the time in training so I know I need to practice more. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

next time you might wanna post in the video thread, anyway

too much jump ins

not really capitalizing on the (few) knockdowns you got - (ambiguous crossups, pesudo-unblockables, TU bait etc)

maybe need to incorporate more walking/dashing forward / bulldogging and rolling to get close (but be careful with the rolling to not get predictable/punished hard), again, you jumped too much

keep in mind the sweet spot for sagat to do safe tiger knees (you got hit by a lot of those tiger knees) - also most of the time, using focus in this range is a no-no too.

that ex roll at 1:03 was totally unnecessary, he wasnt close to you to keep on pressuring/throw nor were you close to the corner

as a bonus, check out one of my vs sagat vid lol (its not perfect by any means, but maybe you can get some pointers)
[media=youtube]nY-QgVqwV4w[/media]

Thanks a ton man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk