Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that

I’m fine with remasters if the games are 10 years old or more. Games get forgotten over time, so re-releasing them is a good way to reintroduce them to the newer generation as well as people who want to replay those games again but improved.

The Last of Us was released a few months before the PS4 launched. It probably had a port waiting before it was released on PS3.

The problem was calling it a remaster instead of just an enhanced port or something like that.

I believe that any games with a decent following at least 2 generations old should receive a port at the very worst, so people who haven’t experienced them can play themselves. Some people, like myself, switch consoles between generations so it’s a good way to help stragglers. Just don’t charge full price for them unless they’re legitimate remasters that add a lot of stuff.

I need a Bloody Roar HD Collection so we could get a Bloody Roar 5 :sad:

I just want a Mark of Kri/Rise of the Kasai dual HD remaster with a sequel on the horizon.

FUA USU RUTU

Yea Mark of Kri was fuckin cool. Picked both of those up for my PS2 last year. Was impossible to play on my HDTV tho, was impossible to see anything. Gotta dig out the CRT.

I’d have never played TLoU if not for the remaster.

Mass Effect Andromeda reviews are tumbling out, currently sitting at a 75 on both Metacritic and Opencritic out of 27 and 41 (+ 5 unscored) reviews respectively.
Around what I was expecting it to be given to be honest.

I would love to see Yakuza 2-5 get remasters similar to Yakuza 0 for PS4.

Do people here think the “remaster” of FF7 is going to radically change the story?

coughSOMEONE not dyingcough

Well since there were cheats to bring her back in your party, the fact that everyone was mad about it, and also the evidence that she had assets later in the game that were unused such as dialogue, I’d imagine so.

Aerith deserves to die.

Hell no.
I can see them adjusting stuff to fit in better with later FF7 titles (i.e. changing the Zack scenes to more closely fit Crisis Core), but Aerith’s death is a key point in the narrative and one of the most well remembered parts of the series.
It would be like if they remade FF6 but the world didn’t end halfway through the game.

This kind of exists already…

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/the-mark-of-kri/cid=UP9000-CUSA01729_00-SCUS971400000001
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/rise-of-the-kasai/cid=UP9000-CUSA01730_00-SCUS974160000001

No, because that’s a major change in the story. If you change that scene, then you have to basically re-write everything else.

I want to see paid DLC to avoid Aerths death then just kill her right before the end anyhow.

Yeah, that’s my point. A lot of the story could easily be re-written.

I’m guessing there will be some sort of choice you can make to alter the storyline at some critical moments.

Frankly, if we wait 20 years for FF7, people will want more than… well okay Squaresoft already made it HD and completely changed combat, but people will still want some choices in the story (besides dating).

We’ll see. I don’t have a PS4 so it probably won’t matter to me.

So the Switch is just a re-branded Nvidia Shield Tv with revamped software?

WTF nintendo. Just buying the rights to rebrand/release existing hardware with your name on it? Pretty halfassed move…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whk8hD0b6eA

One of the many reasons why I don’t see anything wrong with them. This was the case for me with Darksiders 2 and Borderlands TPS (which I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would).