Video Game General 5.0: HEROES NEVER DIE!

Yeah, originally I was going to wait but I was thinking it might be cheaper to get SFV on sale and then do a mix of manual and DLC unlocks but I couldn’t find the price of the characters online, but I remember them being expensive. Was hoping for a sale, but I just want to Street Fight. The only systems I can do that on are in storage with no way to connect to my current setup. Maybe I’ll replace it with KOF XIV, which I was going to get anyway was well. Wal-Mart is the only place having it for $12 on BF.

Watching tourneys and combo/setup vids. We’ll see though. Pumped for the Fighting EX Layer beta even though gameplay on that is going to be beyond busted.

Or, and this is a stretch… Don’t buy any wack ass Capcpom fighting games.

All these fighters made by people who actually give a damn, and you want to give money to the motherfuckers that need to be shamed and berated into doing basic ass shit like launch a fully featured, “functioning” fighter.

You know better shit than that, Femto…

Soooo, why is Hecatom banned?

Nevermind, I guess he linked another thread in a different thread than where that link came from or something.

For linking Severe Autism out of its place in FGD on the Spectrum that is SRK into the GD Lounge with the normies.

Quoting shit from other threads and or forums.

@ Buying Capcom Fighters, I’m pretty much retired from active competition unless it’s SFxT at EVO, so I can’t fall back on the excuse that I’m only playing it because I’m chasing the CPT. I buy and play SFV and MVCI because I find it enjoyable enough to put time into and play other people in when the opportunity arises. I’ll play some Tekken 7 if I’m feeling froggy, and if you challenge me to NBA Jam or NBA Playgrounds I’ll be happy to throw down with the Suns Gorilla or with my KJ/Elvin Hayes team. I’ve been bringing my PS4 to work every Friday and my executive director has taken an interest in Ultra so we’ve been going at that. Lately I’ve been playing HSF2 on Fightcade with a friend of mine in the Netherlands: we met through Street Fighter and I’m actually spending a winter vacation with her in Eindhoven in January.

Coincidentally I played KOF14 when it was at EVO 2016 and found it lame as hell, so I don’t give that any time. I bought Central Fiction, my first BB, played it for a week and got bored. I felt the same way about Revelator. DBFZ looks like it’ll be fun so I’ll get that too. I actually just finished Xenoverse 1 on Steam after the game finally stopped deleting my save data every time I got close to unlocking the Bardock/Broly saga, and now I want to see what XV2 brought to the table being I heard they added a proper training mode.

Hell, sometimes I fire up Daemon Bride Additional Gain on my laptop as it is legit my fave non-major IP anime fighting game and I agonize daily that I may never see it get a proper English release so I can enjoy the story mode with its cool-as-hell characters.

Sometimes it’s not about making a political statement. Sometimes you just wanna press buttons.

EDIT: WTF Hecatom got banned!? I guess I’m running the Daemon Bride wagon alone for a bit.

Scroll up, my self and Azure both said why.

As for the fighting games, play whats fun to you.

The “W” was “What” more than “Why” but thank you for clarifying :slight_smile:

No one asked you to justify your terrible purchases. Motherfuckers give me shit for liking Pokemon and Smash, you think I give two fucks?

I do find it funny you got so anal about me taking a piss on Capcpom-chan that you had to write all that to defend the shit factory.

DevilJin would be so proud of you, he might recruit you as his shill padawan.

Shill Padawan is a keeper, IMO

Uncharted Lost Legacy is such a beautiful game.

You know the saying- stop and smell the flowers?
I actually want to in a video game.

I’m also biased because its one of the few games that takes place fully in India. :tup:

Bought Horizon Deluxe for $25 on PSN. They have some ridiculous sales going on right now

7 Days to Die – $8.99
Ark: Survival Evolved – $38.99
Assassin’s Creed Origins – $41.99
Assassin’s Creed Origins – Deluxe Edition – $48.99
Assassin’s Creed Origins – Gold Edition – $69.99
Battlefield 1 Revolution – $29.99
Battlefield 4 – $7.99
Bully – $10.49
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – $29.99
Call of Duty: WWII: Digital Deluxe – $89.99
Destiny 2 – $38.99
Destiny 2: Digital Deluxe – $74.99
Destiny 2: Game + Expansion Pass Bundle – $67.49
Doom – $20.09
Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition – $17.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition – $19.99
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Upgrade – $19.99
Fallout 4 – $20.09
Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition – $29.99
FIFA 18 – $35.99
FIFA 18 Icon Edition – $59.99
FIFA 18 Ronaldo Edition – $47.99
For Honor – $25.19
Horizon Zero Dawn – $19.99
Injustice 2 – $19.99
Life Is Strange: Before the Storm Deluxe Edition – $17.49
Madden NFL 18 – $30.00
Madden NFL 18: GOAT Holiday Edition – $40.00
Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite-- $41.99
Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Deluxe Edition – $67.49
Middle-earth: Shadow of War – $35.99
Middle-earth: Shadow of War Gold Edition – $69.99
MLB: The Show 17 – $14.99
NBA 2K18 – $41.99
NBA 2K18 Legend Edition – $59.99
NBA 2K18 Legend Edition Gold – $119.99
NBA Live 18: The One Edition – $14.99
Need for Speed – $9.99
Need for Speed Payback – $35.99
Need for Speed Payback Deluxe Edition – $47.99
NHL 18 – $30.00
NHL 18: Deluxe Edition – $40.00
NHL 18: Super Deluxe Edition – $50.00
Overwatch: Game of the Year Bundle – $30.00
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 – $30.00
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 FC Barcelona Edition – $35.00
Project Cars 2 – $41.99
South Park: The Fractured But Whole – $41.99
South Park: The Fractured But Whole Gold Edition – $62.99
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege – $19.99
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy – $19.99
The Witcher III: Wild Hunter - Complete Edition – $19.99
Wolfenstein: The Two Pack – $14.99
WWE 2K18 – $35.99
WWE 2K18 Digital Deluxe Bundle – $53.99

I’m being cheap initially, and as @Sonicabid brought it up, not wanting to wait too long for matches and setting something up might not work outfor me (from past experiences on GGPO, slightly less so on the 360). I believe the netcode is supposed to the best for SFV, at least for the games I want that are out now (SFV, KOFXIV, SSV:Special). Not gonna front, after making peace with the art style I went from ‘pretty pumped’ to ‘glad I dodged a bullet’, but I’m feeling it now especially being sub-$20.

I guess the deluxe includes the DLC? Damn, I should have waited =/

Frozen Wilds? No, it just has some preorder costumes and weapons

That’s a bigger slap in the face to MGS than it is to Dragonball.

So not only did Belgium declare lootboxes as gambling, Hawaii has too. And has been in talks with other states about legislation on 'em.

That awkward moment when your pay-to-win scheme is so deviant that it prompts the creation of state and national legislature.

Aloha bitches!

Hmmmm…I don’t know about this…

Game Industry has prided itself for awhile on not needing to be gov’t regulated and have done a good job keeping them out…I feel this could potentially lead to other things if they get involved.