Video Game General 5.0: HEROES NEVER DIE!

We in there. Let’s hope more live Orchestra for things.

I have no reason to expect it, but I’m hoping for a new Chrono game. :s

MY obligatary “please have a Socom game like Socom 2 and Socom confrontation and not like that abomination Socom 4”. Not going to happen but E3 is where the dreamers are.

Tekken x Street Fighter, will it happen this year? Some people say yes because it’ll be after Tekken 7 but I’ve heard that one before.

that sure sounds like a great way to cannibalize their Tekken 7 sales.

also again there is no proof NG4 is in development. the first statement was refrencing Nioh, and they later said "we aren’t working on it we will think of new ideas and visit the IP some other time.

that said im expecting something, KT said they’re expecting record sales next year and even if DW9 is open world i don’t think it would be that impressive sales wise. Dissidia has been sited to be lacking man power so i don’t know if they can Spare any of the Team Ninja guys to make a new DOA6 or something else although with Tekken 7 coming out this would be the perfect time for them to so since their biggest competitor would be out of their launch window.

So what are the suspects of the rumormill now?

FF7R got announced
Shenmue 3 got announced
Kingdom Hearts 3 got announced
The Last Guardian actually came out
Final Fantasy XV actually came out

Which games besides Devil May Cry (seriously DMC5 is being “rumored” every god damn year since this generation started) haven’t gotten a sequel in a while?

I kinda doubt we’re getting a new Soulsborne game anytime soon
Resistance 4 rumor seems shady at best since Insomniac is busy with Spider-Man
It’s unlikely for a new Ratchet & Clank or Jak & Daxter to happen (again - Insomniac are busy with Spidey and Nauhty Dog got their hands thied with Unch and TLOU2)
Platinum Games are working on like 12 new games at the moment
It’s too early for any new Final Fantasy announcements besides new DLC episodes for XV
Blizzard doesn’t really visit E3 so Diablo 4 isn’t happening
2K apparently doesn’t have Borderlands 3 as a part of their confirmed games lineup for E3 (and we know Gearbox is working on that already)
Darksiders III just got announced and is in too early of a stage to be showcased publicly at a big event
Destiny 2 also got revealed last month and is getting a gameplay demo in like a couple of weeks
It’s also too early for anything Mafia related
Rockstar are busy with Red Dead Redemption 2

I guess Dead Island 2 might make an appearance? The devs said that game is apparently still happening
Assassin’s Creed should be revealed as well
It’s been a while since we heard anything about WILD (that weird Ubisoft game by the creator of Beyond Good & Evil)
EA will probably showcase the new Need for Speed game

Anything else?

That Sony zombie game showcased last year… also more GoW and dynasty warriors 9

Also death stranding

Oh yeah, Days Gone

Fromsoft are confirmed to be working on 3 games Armored Core, a dark fantasy title, and what seems to be a new IP by Miyazaki.

I would imagine with how fast they were able to put out DS2, Bloodborne, and DS3 I’m quick succession they should probably have enough of one of these three to show off at E3 even if it’s just a teaser.

Cuphead will undoubtedly show up again. Still no release date.

Outside of that, I think that Nintendo has been holding something for E3. Probably Smash for Switch or a 2D Metroid title.

Surprised MS ain’t cancelled that too already.

Maybe someone will swoop in and save Scalebound and we get that and a Vanquish sequel with the original packed in, Bayo 2 style.

Who owns the Scalebound IP? I thought it was MS, but I could be wrong.

And we will absolutely see something for Vanquish this time around.

Cuphead is an indie game so M$ can’t cancel it.

This is MS we’re talking about… They could find a way.

I don’t have any predictions, just hopes for what we will see, and at the top of that list of hopes is Cyberpunk 2077.

It’s coming to Steam, and I think GoG?
For sure Steam since it’s in all the trailers for it that show the systems it’s coming to.

MS owns the Scalebound IP. P* has yet to own any of their games they have developed.

In for Dmc5 announcement…

In for Last of Us 2 and Pokenews.

Also in for everyone’s favorite game show, Stupid Things Po Says.

Red Ded 2, pls.

Riding high on Persona 5 I want to know more about the Shin Megami Tensei game coming to the Switch.