Video Game General 5.0: HEROES NEVER DIE!

“Atmospheric storytelling” is always such a common buzzword when it comes to Metroid, but Mark Brown makes a strong case for it actually being present in Metroid II. You can see how compared to the original and AM2R, Samus Returns casually ignores the fact that you’re committing genocide and ruins some somber moments by placing combat sequences and stylish action in areas that it shouldn’t.

I don’t really agree with his points on the save stations though.

That post got me real excited for Marvel coming to their senses…

I feel the original Metroid II casually ignores the genocide too. Samus doesn’t bat an eye over all the killing she’s done. It didn’t seem to me she spared the baby Metroid out of guilt but because it wasn’t a threat.

So obvious with the trolling

There’s DBZ Budokai style beam struggles, my guy.

Apparentely MvC I has sold really really bad,

Yea it did but still fun tho.

STFU 09er SCUM!!!

https://twitter.com/HMKilla/status/913244647492915200

New 3DS xl looks dated already that screen looks too white the contrast is awful, ps vita screen shits all over this…hell I would even say the psp one is better.

And no charger?! The Fk I feel robbed

New 3DS XL or New 2DS XL?

'Cause I know the latter is pretty bad quality wise. Haven’t heard of any issues with the former.

And yeah no charger included is beyond stupid no matter what reason they give for it :bluu:

So in other words, Capcom made a better Pokemon game :smiley:

Can’t wait for new hyper turbo 3ds xl

Pokemon has had moves and abilities that cover such tactics for years now.

Capcpom can’t make a better anything.

They can’t even make a functional fighting game, and that used to be their forte.

@Hecatom it’s been driving me crazy, what’s the name of the song in this video?

[details=Spoiler]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwDdk7TSHnE[/details]

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- OST, Reunion

Whooaaaaa… Let’s not get carried away.

Edit: Note to self

The next time you see a Pink Rathian sleeping under a cherry blossom tree, leave it the fuck alone.

Well, for me at least, Pokemon died with Gen VI.

Maybe Monster Hunter Stories will revive some of that magic with me.

…or maybe I’ll just replay the Gen V games again :razz:

Samus Returns bodied me so hard when I first started. I haven’t seen the game over screen so frequently in a Metroid game in YEARS. I never got frustrated to the point of where I wanted to stop playing though. It took me some time to get used to moving and aiming with the thumb pad and using the free aim but now, battling Metroids is a lot of fun. I’m down to 24 and I just picked up the Grapple Beam.

idk if you people remember but i posted a pic of a NEW 3ds XL monster hunter edition that i got and the handheld itself was so underwhelming that i got rid of it after
having finished pokémon moon.

#AppreciateTheVitaMorePlz