Video Game General 6.1.2: In RE2 Even The Band Flock Of Seagulls Cant Run Away From Mr. X

Yoshi’s World demo is pretty great. It’s pretty much exactly what I expected. I love the charm to it.

Considering it’s made by former AC peeps it probably is just the build since air and ground speeds being different is not an unusual thing in those games. Well, there’s also the fact that each numbered AC changes quite a bit how it feels so it could just have an overall slower pace in the air. That said, I feel like some of the gameplay they’ve shown in trailers hasn’t been slow so I think it is just the demo mech

Just saw that Mario Maker 2 is in June!!!

The dog mascot in Astral Chain is awesome, haha. It’s in the stand alone trailer at the end.

I am stunned. I did not think they could make Link’s awakening look any worse (despite loving the level design and setting), but they did it. Every character looks like a Mii or really obnoxiously cute Mario/Kirby enemy and I have seen better environment assets in indie games. Unless the game is now about using a blowtorch to destroy everything, I cannot for the life of me understand why they made it like this.

No one fucking cares what you think.

Shut up.

Yeah, Links Awakening looks fucking fantastic and that is one Zelda game that I don’t remember jack shit about, and I will be preordering it and purchasing it at release.

It’s a fucking treat. Legit my favorite Zelda game by a wide margin. Only Zelda that even comes close to rivaling it is Wind Waker. My only concern about the remake is the price point. Best Buy already has it available for preorder and the price point is $59.99. I’m really hoping that is a place holder because $60 for a remake of a 26 year old game is ridiculous to me. Will I still buy it if it does end up being $60? You bet your ass I will. I’ll just be grumbling, bitter and bitch about it the whole time.

Also, Even though it’s just me being greedy and a fan boy id go fucking bananas if they ever remade the Oracle games. Those were sooooo god damn good. They are made by Capcom but published by Nintendo. They were made during the time Capcom still had the Midas touch and could do no wrong. They are some of the best Zelda games (and games in general) I’ve ever played.

Still bummed they never made the third Oracle game which in Japan was called “Legend of Zelda: The Mysterious Acorn: The Chapter of Courage” before being cancelled due to time restraints and stress it was causing on the development team since they were working on 3 games at once. What could have been. :thinking:

Minish Cap was also made by Capcom and was imo a really solid title (a lot of people don’t like it) but it doesn’t hold a candle to the Oracle games.

I wouldn’t worry about the placeholder price. The game doesn’t even have a launch date. It doesn’t have a price yet.

If you ever played Link Awakening you would not be asking this.
The game filled with cartoonish anthropomorphic animals, Super Mario enemies and cameos, one enemy who purposely looks like Kirby. There is are side scrolling areas where you have to take on Goombas and Piranha Plants, and you can stomp on the Goombas by using the Roc Feather to jump on them. You need a Chomp Chomp to get into one of the early dungeons. There also all the phone booths and camera booths everywhere. The Art style fits the setting.

Guess I will have to play the first one before this comes out…

Apparently God of War cleaned up at the DICE awards

Square doesn’t know if it will add the extra content from the def edition of dragon quest to the regular

Damn Silksong looks awesome!

Am I the only one not excited for UA3 after UA2 was such a letdown?

UA3 is being developed by Team Ninja so it will at least be fun to play. Being out of Activision hands makes me hopeful.

Holy shit these crackdown reviews are hilarious. Can’t wait for YouTube to meme this up.

My only issue with MUA3 is the same issue I’ve had with it since it was announced: its playable roster. It’s just shallow, predictable and boring. Like, I get it. Showcase your money makers. That’s what’s going to draw people in. But MUA has always had such a fun and diverse roster seeing it become this is just a let down.

Still gunna get it though.

So it’s the MvCi of ARPG games. Gotcha.

You’re not wrong. At least UA3 has X-men in it though. :joy:

Nah.

It would have to have its mechanics gutted by at least a third, and get beaten nigh to death with the ugly stick, for that to be the case.