So I really want to start recording my matches so I can go back and review my mistakes. My main goal is to get the cheapest set up possible without any lag and while still playing in HD.
The problem is that I use a VGA cable and play on my computer monitor, so there is no easy solution to record. I’m either going to get a webcam or use a combination of splitters, converters, and my video card to capture my gameplay. Trying to stay under 100 bucks so keep that in mind.
My questions are:
- Do cheap(ish) webcams work well to record matches or do they lag too much?
- Does a VGA splitter cable cause lag/image quality loss?
- Does a powered splitter fix this if there is a problem?
- Same question but for VGA to component converters.
- If I found a VGA input or even composite (the red, green, blue) input capture card and simply played through the computer, would this cause lag?
I could always play on my SD TV when I wanted to record, but I don’t like playing in SD anymore. Anyways, thanks in advance.