Vs. Guile Thread

dhalsim

This is probably the best way I’ve heard the match explained. I’ve played my friend hundreds of times Sim vs Guile. I will undoubtedly say this is how both me and my friend perceive this match.
And as far as jumping in on Sim? Every one tries. Everyone fails. Slowly inch your way (if you have to, if you lose the life lead) with your knee that allows you to keep charge, or FADC closer.

Imo it’s 5-5. Arturo says the same. Also, this is the least entertaining and most frustrating match in the game, for me anyways. Rounds usually end in with time outs or with less than 20 seconds on the clock 90% of the time.

[media=youtube]MzCE6JgWJlM"[/media]

This set was their most recent encounter, and it was down to the last match, last round. 15 long minutes. Most 3v3 battles take that much.

How is this match now in AE? Is it even, slightly in sim’s favor, or still largely? Any good matches recently to illustrate the match?

What frustrates me the most about good, aggressive Guile players (for reference, I’m speaking of GeoM MoDInside) is that I cannot reliably poke for fear of flash kicks. This makes it all the easier for them to get me cornered, and that usually equals death. My advice, for what it’s worth, is to just avoid getting cornered at all costs. Be very careful about fireball spacing, as one mistake allowing a jump in might be all it takes. Turtle Guiles, on the other hand, aren’t a problem.

Back roundhouse always beats guile’s jump roundhouse. I think you’re mistiming it.

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Sim should not lose to Guile.</span></font><br><br><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>I agree with all the earliest posts saying that you can zone out Guile easy. However, if you play with a pattern and the Guile picks up on causing you to lose a significant life lead (>~35% life disadvantage), then I think Guile wins. Guile’s defensive tactics make it difficult for Sim to make a comeback.</span></font><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”>Here are my tips:</div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div><ul><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Trade Sonic Booms with s.HP, the trade is slightly in Sim’s favor and it pushes Guile back.</span></font></li><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Do not spam s.HP. Guile’s focus attack is fast enough to absorb and crumple.</span></font></li><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Guile should never be allowed to jump in at Sim. He does not have a jump-in button that beats Sim’s AA options.</span></font></li><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Do not throw fireballs at a range where Guile can jump-in (~half screen distance between you and opponent)</span></font></li><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Guile’s damage output makes it such that 1 jump-in essentially means you’ve lost the match. </span></font></li><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>The second hit of Guile’s sweep should NEVER be blocked. Free b.lk, and possibly other punishes.</span></font></li><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>An approaching Guile who uses SB as a cover will usually not anticipate an mk.slide or focus absorb of SB into a possible crumple.</span></font></li></ul><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Just my two cents. Please leave your thoughts.</span></font></div>