...Vs Viper.

c-viper

This is a character specific matchup thread as per my suggestion here:

http://shoryuken.com/f315/suggestion-no-more-character-matchup-mega-threads-259159/

In this thread, we’ll speak specifically about the Viper matchup. I will update this post with any pertinent information regarding the matchup people feel should be present in this OP, for quick referencing.

In regards to the Seismo game:

• “Seismo chains can be beat with a well time EX Seismo in between them. In a EX Seismo war the person who does EX Seismo last will always win. EX Seismo can beat BK’s but you need to delay them just before the BK would hit you. The same goes for BK oki shenanigans but you need to add delays and visually see the BK before going for it. Going for reversal timing EX Seismo and you’ll eat the BK instead most of the time. EX SeismoxxSJC BK, Ultra 1 midscreen does not work on Viper due to her hitbox so you have to rely on SJC FADC Ultra 1.” - Killey

Matchvids:

10/29/10 Lainey vs Jayce the Ace
[media=youtube]nAZZOoQQcsw[/media]

Season’s Beatings Wolfkrone Vs Flashmetroid
[media=youtube]m8s-ocvaHMM[/media]

Anyway, I hate this matchup. Feels random. What should I be attempting to take away from the other Viper and how? What are my best safe jump setups? As Viper, what should I exploit the most to make this matchup feel manageable?

Basic idea of this matchup is to sit back and relax.

[media=youtube]nAZZOoQQcsw[/media]

…yeah, I suck at this matchup.

Which Viper are you?

The one that’s dying. lol

It seems really random if both of you play rushdown, but if you play solid, it really does become a test of skill. Who has better spacing? Footsies? Frame traps? Anti-airs? Situational reactions?

playing viper mirrors feels like im playin smash in stamina mode

Thing about Viper mirrors is that you have to understand how to defend against the mix ups that you yourself do. I get mind fucked when it comes to that but you should really condition yourself against the mix ups in training mode so you can properly react, defend, and counter it. You should stick to playing solid like you would in all of her match ups but make modifications on your style based on how the other Viper plays. Play your footsies, do your baiting, and don’t fall into the same traps that you set up against other players. If you can properly defend against the mix ups and play a solid game then no matter how random or how aggressive they play you will come out on top.

Some very specific bits of information in the match up. Seismo chains can be beat with a well time EX Seismo in between them. In a EX Seismo war the person who does EX Seismo last will always win. EX Seismo can beat BK’s but you need to delay them just before the BK would hit you. The same goes for BK oki shenanigans but you need to add delays and visually see the BK before going for it. Going for reversal timing EX Seismo and you’ll eat the BK instead most of the time. EX SeismoxxSJC BK, Ultra 1 midscreen does not work on Viper due to her hitbox so you have to rely on SJC FADC Ultra 1.

Good shit, Killey. I’ll had some of the points made in the second paragraph when I get a chance.

Updated the OP with matchvid from Lainey and Flash vs Krone. Anyone got comments on those?

I had no idea her standing HK had so much range. In the Lainey vs Jayce match, Jayce uses it at 2:29 to floor Lainey’s neutral jump from about two character lengths and Lainey didn’t even push a button (from what I could tell).

Also, are there any block or recovery specific punishes I should take into consideration? I can update the OP with a “Punish” section as well.

Edit your post because it was Lainey vs Jayce not me. lol I’ve never played Jayce or Lainey before.

Also, Lainey did press j.RH when Jayce countered with far s.RH. If Jayce pressed far s.RH any earlier and he would have eaten the j.RH.

I knew it wasn’t you, that was a typo. My bad.

I figured Lainey had to have pressed a button, but why didn’t the game acknowledge it as a counter hit if he did?