Walking under jump punish

akuma

Everyone finds themselves once in a while where their opponent has overjumped them… usually after you had cleverly walked under their jump in…
now assuming you are far enough from any characters crossover attempt…
what do you do to try and punish the opponent…

I find myself doing one of two things…

1. FP into lk.tatsu…

• FP hits, lk.tatsu whiffs, i usually follow it up with either demonflip on non AA chars, or other mixups
    • If the person is wary, and parries the FP, they still have a lk. tatsu coming
      • if lk.tatsu hits, you continue with shoryu, hurricance or reset etc…
      • if he parries that… fuck… that has never happened to me yet… are you in grave danger?
  2. lp into rh.tatsu, lp will hit and two hits of the rh.tatsu connect if done right

• good luck parrying all of it… possible ofcourse, but rare
    • after the last hit of the hurricane you have a few options
      In the middle of the screen:
      - add a SA1 to tag in a little bit of extra damage, I am still not sure if its worth it or not when opponent has a lot of health… definately tag the extra damage for the kill or close to kill
      - jump towards him and do a very early rh/forward… I find that doesnt work on some chars and is hard on others…
      - dash and FP.shoryuken… definately the best option out of 3 ONLY if you know you can pull it off consistently, does pretty much the same damage as SA1 but if you whiff it, and your opponent tech rolled… your in for a rude awakening… not too hard to get consistenly with a bit of practice
    • The same options are available for the opponent being in the corner… but I think you can fp.shoryu without dashing in… slightly strict timing to get all 3 hits of the shoryu… might go for lp.shoryu for less damage but more safety…
      Now, that I think about it… well a hurricane work?

anyways i like mixing up between these two things…
what do you guys do?

Mainly c.mk > rh tatsu. That combo is my all around “I’m not really sure what to do here” combo. If I am prepared, it depends on the character. On characters that can be hit easily with lk tatsu, I’ll go for the bnb.

I figure, hit them before they land and get the option to block… unless they attacked while overjumping you… then he’s all yours…

I like to mix hitting high, all those fp xx … (fp xx mp/hp red fireball is good too) and lp xx hk.tatsu, or close HK (that 2hit thingy it does lots of stun)

after I’ve done a couple of high hitting stuff, I like doing crouching.mk xx mk.tatsu for heavy damage combos

hmm… i never thought about doing the multiple hit fireballs after FP… do you think you are safe if he parries the FP? I mean, will the fireball hit him before he lands and gets a chance to block and punish?

I liked the cl.RH option… its true it does do good stun… if it does more stun than the stuff I mentioned I will definately pick that up and use it to stun someone who has not much left to stun…