Wall of Shame: Post Info on Scammers, Thieves, and Unsettled Transactions

I’m pretty sure many people, including myself are tired of dealing with this BS for too long. Many of us are frustrated with scammers/ thieves/ users wasting others users’ time. The Wall of Shame is incorporated onto this forum so that we can find information on that one person and track them down so for refunds, let users be aware of thieves, and sellers be aware of users just wasting their time. That way if everything is posted on this thread, the users of SRK will know what to deal with if a situation would arise. As for thieves and scammers, their paypal address should be shown to the public with all their information so if there is anything that needs to be resolved, it will all be listed there.

Well,
Here’s the general idea.
Scammers and Thieves should have their personal addresses posted up on the thread so that users can contact them.
It should be:
Name of Scammer
Address
Contact Information
and how that person ripped the user off.
As for Time Wasters:
The user should be posted up for the type of infraction that they have done. Other than that, no personal information should be posted about them.

Official Scammers
stay away. (Please report if these people are trying to sell again)

LEGEND
MediumTurquoise = Regular Users
Purple = People outsisde SRK (ebay, etc)
Red = Mods that scam

Lazeeya- Owes money (over $4500!) [Returned and did some orders but still owes money]
Knubbe-sold broken PS3 as new
InfoSeeker- Joystick
khmerdroopy- Metal Panels
Loborine- Xbox 360, Hrap ex Bundle
Zal- Joystick
Chris_himself- Filed Paypal Refund after receiving Cthulhu boards and not returning items back to seller
Electric Trouble - Stole money from customers on Joystick controllers.
BucklemyShoe- Scammed $100 worth of PS2 Games
armad1ll0- Stole 2 dual shocks and $35, never refunded the customer
Mystic- Failed to ship goods, was also banned from "SRK Secret Santa"
Ohnoezz/Hi5ive-Scammed multiple users into transactions without sending anything at all and making people send as “gift” payments
Avidist-Scammed multiple users in purchasing arcade parts
esjihn-Did not ship out 40gb PS3
n00se-Did not ship out Joystick
La(Rence)-Took a good amount of money and did not ship out VLX.
ryu-bi- Failed to ship Kuroda/SBO DVDs
DJMatrix- Owes money ranging around $1000
anabolicfreak-Scammed people in buying Sticks.

EBAY WARNING kbc2004 - Situations on PSN Cards
EBAY WARNING SaDo-Sold a destroyed and inoperable dreamcast.

The following people above are not permitted to sell/trade in this forum until they clean up their mess. Sell/Trade threads will be purged on sight.

Threads being accused of scamming, thievery, and bad selling/partnership will be updated to (WOS) instead of WTS/WTT

WOS will better indicate to the buyers that the thread in question has been mentioned/listed in the wall of shame, (WOS) will not be removed until the matter of transactions are fully completed with said buyers/sellers/trading partners.

**This will be in effect for now on. **

IF YOU SEE THESE PEOPLE SELLING ON THE THREADS AGAIN, PLEASE NOTIFY THE MODS AND THEY WILL BE:

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww301/rtdzign/Misc/art2.jpg

Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)
Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V
WTB : turbo panel for ps3 , pink or baby blue te bezel!

I think this is a good idea. I have had TONS of my time wasted by these windowshoppers on the forums… who ask me technical questions about their potential order, I do their homework for them, and then they end up not buying at all.

It hurts the quality of my business with actual LEGIT people who intend on buying or ordering, because I am more hesitant to go into technical detail, because it is quite likely to be a huge waste of my time. As well as FLOODING my PM box which I have to take time to empty and screen.

I won’t name names right now, but if it happens again I will be posting up screen names, because it definitely is NOT cool…

I think it’s an excellent idea. I guess it would go in the User Feedback subforum?

it should be a sticky in both sections. this thread is good but needs more ppl… i cant think of any more scammers though.

wow how can i be on this list?!?!?

lol j/k

yeah, great idea, keeps new people alert. This should be a sticky thread =]

Should be stickied

I agree with the whole idea about scammers and sellers not sending items out.

However I think you might have gone a bit too far with the example for the Lazeeya thread. Its not a great example, the guy was new and obviously a kid who doesnt think straight but for him to shamed as you suggest would be wrong. Obviously I did not deal with the guy but he was apologetic and if the Buyer can move on and accept his apology then I dont think he should be mentioned on this thread.

seller’s time was still wasted. maybe a seller should make a note that if the buyer is a time waster, that other potential sellers should ‘sell at their own risk’ or something? if the buyer cleans up his or her act then they get taken off the wall?

So what if the person who ripped you off IS a mod, good luck with that.

Wiz goes above the mods so you always have that route. Now if Wiz rips you off, sorry.

Then you take it to the other 2 mods. There’s three of us here.

I’ll look this over with them, being the new guy I just want their input first.

Good idea. The Matrix situation was ridiculous. Whether the orders are caught up or not, certain people should be banned permanently from the trading section. No second chances.

:yawn: i can imagine this in my head now… :rofl:

Great idea. Definitely a faster resource than looking for negative posts throughout the Feedback forum. Especially if posts are deleted.

man the lazeeya thread is really annoying. He was very responsive and in the end i decided to go with someone else but he was always very quick to answer me even though he probably has 1000 pms yes i like this idea.

Meh, well this happened back in 07 so I’ve let it go by now, but I had no idea who the other mods were and the person in question had been banned (at the time) so I figured there was nothing to be done either way. I’m only bringing it up because of the title, being a mod doesn’t automatically make someone a beacon of truth, no offense to you other guys.

Well,
Here’s the general idea.
Scammers and Thieves should have their personal addresses posted up on the thread so that users can contact them.
It should be:
Name of Scammer
Address
Contact Information
and how that person ripped the user off.
As for Time Wasters:
The user should be posted up for the type of infraction that they have done. Other than that, no personal infromation should be posted about them.

Unless it’s used for police investigations I don’t think you should post anyone’s address on here. What if Seller1 rips off Buyer1 using a “fake” address, stolen information, or a whatever. Buyer1 wants to retaliate by a) a drive by shooting b) mail bomb c) harassment , you could potentially harm an innocent bystander who just happens to own the fake address. Dangerous.

This same system has been around for a long while over at neo-geo and has worked fine. The stuff they usually sell is many times the amount of anything sold here so they are very serious about keeping the trading area in good standing. This community has blown up in the last few months and the stick selling/trading avenue has grown right along with it so the trading area here needs to grow to keep pace.

If you feel the need to go mail bomb somebody’s house, well they are more things wrong with you than any mature person would have.

No it won’t . When you complete a paypal transaction, It will display their contact information. Imagine if you gotten screwed out of a deal . What would you do? Cops aren’t going to do anything to further investigate fraud and whatnot. There won’t be any harassment in this because the scammer had originally screwed the user at the first place and it gives the user the opportunity to contact the seller to refund the money back.
and besides those situation you mentioned earlier seemed a bit extreme doesn’t it?