Ive been playing SSF4 AE for a while now, had some breaks and now picking it up again.
I would really like to improve my game, but there is SO much in this game for a newbie like me to learn.
And it just makes it really hard to choose where to focus on.
I could practice combos in training mode ( i do this for about 15min per combo )
Play online matches (but if i lose i just rage :P)
Play Arcade mode, but tbh this is kinda bad cause no player reacts like bots do.
- I just didnt play the game long enough for me to get the basics down
- Still miss my links/combos now and then. online a lot.
- Get frustrated if i get beat by some random guy that just smasher DP all the times, and wins
- Have really bad punish. If i block a DP for example, most of the time my brain just goes: “C HK”
- Some times, i just set a simple goal for my self before going into a online match, this could something like, Try and hit combos and dont fail on it. But then for some reason depending on the type of match i just seem to forget what i was gonna do, and if i get a chance to go for a punish/big combo i just do a trow or C HK.
- Dont know where to start.
- Cant do DP FADC ultra with Ryu (or any other char)
And the last one “Dont know where to start” is my biggest problem.
I play on a arcadestick, just got new buttons.
I watch a lot of videos and demos on youtube/XBL to try and learn.
You could say my main is Ryu (mainly because people told me its a good character to start with) but it feels like every single player i fight against just knows exacly whats coming from a Ryu
Picked up akuma, more advanced… but maby to advanced for now.
And then played some Ibuki, same as Akuma to advanced, i picked this character because i wanted to do some other zoning then fireballs, and learn from it.
Some questions then:
What point should i focus on first?
Is training a combo for 15 every now and then, enough? or should it be way higher.
Should i play without thinking about doing combos? just rely on my normal moves/special moves?
Could any one maby play a few games against me, and maby check out where i lack the most?