Warriors Fate: Street Fighter story thread, revived

But please note that this only counts for the new canon, i.e. everything from SF4 onwards.

In the old days, SFA3 was never intended to be a retelling or a replacement of SF2. They were always two separate chapters:

SFA3: Charlie dies.
SF2: Guile seeks revenge for Charlie’s death.

SFA3: Cammy gets out of her brainwashing.
SF2: Cammy tries to find answers about her past.

Sure, the storyline was a bit redundant with Bison dying in a huge explosion and then he simply gets resurrected and hosts a fighting tournament only to be killed by Akuma. Which is probably why they merged the storylines when SF4 came around.
But pre-SF4, the two games were separate chapters. SFA3 was not a remake/reimagining of SF2.

The aftermath of SFA3 and SF2 in the new canon can be seen here:

It’s a mix of both games now: The fighters are in their SF2 clothes with Cammy already working for the good guys etc. But the scene itself is based on the SFA3 ending scenes where the base blows up.

And while SFA3 was never supposed to be a tournament in the old canon, the tournament aspect of SF2 is preserved and referenced various times in SF4.

In the old canon, bits and pieces of many SFA3 endings happened, like Ryu talking with Sagat and Ken before walking into the sunset etc. But the canon ending was Guile’s. Because that’s the only SFA3 ending that shows Charlie getting killed and therefore, it was the official way the story of SFA3 ended before they retconned everything for SF4. Of course, this is not true anymore since Charlie’s new canon death scene is the one from SFA2 now.

I like how they say:
“Plus, who doesn’t want to see Guile and Nash finally together in a Street Fighter game?!”

“Finally”? This already happened in SFA3. Don’t they remember anymore?

They suffer from the same form of amnesia that wreck havoc in Cammy’s and Abel’s lives.

Seems to be an issue with game developers.

The guys at Nintendo treated Mario riding a cloud in “Super Mario Maker” as a feature that they wanted in “Super Mario Bros. 1”, but couldn’t do back then, and now it’s finally possible, after 30 years. But they totally forgot that this rejected feature of SMB1 was already implemented in “Super Mario World”. So, it’s not “finally” possible in SMM. It’s just one of the many things that they included in SMM that they took from SMW, just like there are countless features in this game that was taken from the old games.

That video makes it seem like Guile is the main character in SFII’s story.

**Here is a chronology of the main changes resulting from Street Fighter’s new canon.

Street Fighter Chronology of Main Canon Changes (as of 7/6/16)

1. Charlie Nash gets shot and killed by a helicopter.

2. After Cammy becomes self-aware due to Shadaloo’s imperfect control over her mind, Vega fights her. Then, her unconscious body is discovered by Delta Red (the logical explanation would be that after Vega attacked her, they had a fight, she fought him off but was injured, and then she somehow makes it to Delta Red’s base where she collapses).

3. Rose meets Bison and defeats him, killing his original body.

4. Several participants remain in the SF II tournament: Guile, Chun-Li, Cammy, Ken, and Ryu. But with the knowledge of Shadaloo’s involvement in the tournament, all five remaining participants, along with the military, launch a surprise attack against Vega, Balrog, Bison, and Shadaloo’s soldiers. This surprise attack interrupts the tournament. During the chaos, Bison dies in a suicidal explosion which also destroys Shadaloo’s secret base. Since the tournament never had a chance to conclude, there is no winner.**

**Here is the Street Fighter canon power tier list with the new characters in SF5 added, and to reflect what is known of the SF5 cinematic story mode. The characters within each tier from tiers 3 to 9 are in no particular order of strength. However, the characters in tier 1 are listed in order, from strongest to weakest. The characters in tier 2 are also listed in order, from strongest to weakest.

Tier 1

1. Oro
  2. Akuma

Tier 2

1. Dhalsim
  2. Gouken
  3. Gen
  4. Ryu
  5. Gill
  6. Urien
  7. SF4/5 Bison
  8. SFA2/3 Bison
  9. SF2 Bison
  10. Rose
  11. Necalli

Tier 3

1. Ken
  2. Nash
  3. Guy
  4. Seth
  5. Sagat

Tier 4

1. Guile
  2. Chun-Li
  3. Hugo
  4. Vega
  5. Twelve
  6. Maki
  7. FANG
  8. C. Viper
  9. Sodom
  10. Rolento
  11. Cody
  12. Sakura
  13. Juri
  14. Q
  15. Karin
  16. Alex
  17. Rashid
  18. Zangief

Tier 5

1. Adon
  2. Abel
  3. Balrog
  4. Cammy
  5. T. Hawk
  6. Eagle
  7. Dudley
  8. Mika

Tier 6

1. The dolls
  2. Necro
  3. Lee
  4. Mike
  5. Geki
  6. Retsu
  7. Joe
  8. Hakan
  9. Laura
  10. Birdie

Tier 7

1. Blanka
  2. Fei-Long
  3. E. Honda
  4. El Fuerte
  5. Dee Jay
  6. Ibuki
  7. Makoto
  8. Yun
  9. Yang

Tier 8

1. Elena
  2. Remy
  3. Poison

Tier 9

1. Dan
    2.Rufus

Tier 10

1. Sean**

@NPham2005 I can’t believe you slithered your way to this sacred place just to repost this incredibly disputable crap of yours.

Still at it lil’ nigga? What are you, 12?

:s

Nothing much in this thread, but about 200+ pages worth of stuff in this thread. :tongue:

…Damn. To be honest, I wasn’t planning on coming back because A) my laptop is too old to play SF V, thus leaving me out of the loop, B ) Y’all are still better than me at this and C) I still don’t like SRK.

But, my SF IV story vids have been taking off recently, so I thought I’d drop in.

That’s too bad, because SRK likes you! Hopefully in the future, you’ll have it in you to maybe make another video series about SF5’s plot to match your SF4 one. :smiley:

SRK likes me? Since when?

Since you made those canonically correct videos I presume. I’ve seen them being linked to but many users here.

Huh. Guess I missed more than I thought.

It’s true - enjoyed your vids a lot. They brought cohesiveness to what was going on in SF4, especially at a time when we were being told that Gouken was a ghost. You helped make sense to what happened and I’m sure others would agree that you did some solid work there. I hope you’re able to play SFV soon somehow. I’d be interested in your findings. Sucks that you’ve been burned by people here, but I can say that (now) the story threads are pretty chill, as long as discussion about canon tier lists don’t show up and even then it’s all good. Glad you came through. Don’t be a stranger.

I echo the others’ statements. You did a good thing and got many people looking towards the canon and thinking “Hey, there’s something coherent here!” and even if you don’t have the biggest grasp on things, it’s a fun place to react and present theories and enjoy the new info. Don’t worry about who’s “better” at this, we all had to start somewhere, and we all have our areas of interest and specialty. That being said, we all have been uninformed or wrong about an issue or two, so it’s not a problem. :slight_smile:

Hear hear.

Thanks, guys. I really do appreciate it.