We already defeated Sheng-long! The Akuma Video Thread

akuma

Those weren’t frame traps or OS’s, more like gambles and he just wasted meter most of the time. The only OS he tried to do, he failed (hk tatsu). Dissapointing performance in general, especially in the zoning and AA department.

0 Likes

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/22708/Rikudou">Rikudou</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Those weren’t frame traps or OS’s, more like gambles and he just wasted meter most of the time. The only OS he tried to do, he failed (hk tatsu). Dissapointing performance in general, especially in the zoning and AA department.</div>
</blockquote>

Like I said, I didn’t watch all of the videos, so I was assuming that the EX tatsus that I saw in the first few were what was used later on…as actual option selects instead of just naked moves.<br>

0 Likes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8hXrn6pvm0&list=UUBznN6sKP6Cts3OceowtEnA&index=1<br>Maybe someone will find it interesting, how Bonchan played against Daigo at this match.<br><br>

0 Likes

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/14812/MooiboyRoy">MooiboyRoy</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Thanks!</div>
</blockquote>

No problem, friend.<div><br></div><div>If you’d be so kind, could you take a look at the video I put up in the “Critique My Akuma” thread and give me some pointers? That’d be rad</div>

0 Likes

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/84629/Oilforthewin">Oilforthewin</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8hXrn6pvm0&list=UUBznN6sKP6Cts3OceowtEnA&index=1<br>Maybe someone will find it interesting, how Bonchan played against Daigo at this match.<br><br></div>
</blockquote>

Actually, that was some of the most boring high level Akuma play in recent memory.  Did Bonchan play Akuma prior to AE (I know his main was Sagat)?<br>

0 Likes

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/8934/Nevermore">Nevermore</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/22708/Rikudou">Rikudou</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Those weren’t frame traps or OS’s, more like gambles and he just wasted meter most of the time. The only OS he tried to do, he failed (hk tatsu). Dissapointing performance in general, especially in the zoning and AA department.</div>
</blockquote>

Like I said, I didn’t watch all of the videos, so I was assuming that the EX tatsus that I saw in the first few were what was used later on…as actual option selects instead of just naked moves.<br></div>
</blockquote>

EX Tatsus can rarely be used as an OS outside of jump ins.   They are too slow to OS off ground normals. <br><br>The way you can tell if something is OSed is if a normal was whiffed prior to that.  On block, focused hit, or hit the OS doesn’t come out. <br>

0 Likes

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/8934/Nevermore">Nevermore</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>

Actually, that was some of the most boring high level Akuma play in recent memory.  Did Bonchan play Akuma prior to AE (I know his main was Sagat)?<br></div>
</blockquote>

He never played Akuma prior AE(can´t find any evidence of playing older than 2 months), he maybe used Akuma in SF x Tekken, but that is something different.<br>I also think, his Akuma didn´t looked very smooth, sometimes too much like Sagat(in an different video, it becomes more clear), was expecting at certain more vortex attemps…<br>But i think he still played well and he will improve with ongoing time. He just had unluck against Daigo.<br>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHirBI7q30&list=UU0B_RY99vT1r13YJYA9SfXQ&index=3<br>This is the other video i was talking, but the uploader says, it is boring and the opponent wasn´t very strong, that shouldn´t be forgotten.<br>

0 Likes

His Akuma reminds me of Eita’s. Very grounded and basic shoto. That’s a really good foundation to build on. 

0 Likes

<p>Whoever said winning was everything?!?</p><p>(Rises along with Master Gouken and walks off)…</p><p> </p><p><a href=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLHJ2OE1UzA”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLHJ2OE1UzA</a></p>

0 Likes

WGC Spoilers<br><br>Tokido just won WGC in France vs GamerBee, who started with Yun yet again then switched to Adon in the 3rd match, he got annihilated every round lol. Tokido was in demon mode, excellent performance. <br><br>GamerBee already expressed himself before about how he thinks Akuma is way too strong, poor guy couldn’t use Akuma to his potential and he’s mad salty about the character now lol.<br><br>Sorry no video yet, I’ll try to update this post with videos when they’re uploaded on youtube if the new fucked up garbage forum software will allow me to do so.<br>

0 Likes

yep, he looked very focused. Anyway, Poongko won a shit ton of matches by being crazy and fearless. Very few setups, and lost to the defenders that had good reactions enough to punish the openings instead of backdashing.<br>You could see how Tokido was also slowed down by such playstyle.<br><br>Offence > Defence I guess.<br>Mind > buttons & frames.<br><br>I hardly seen a matchup application to say this char is OP or not. Or maybe Dieminion vs Gagapa were clearly Guile / Dictator is a nightmare.<br><br>So before someone can cry about OP chars, try to analyse those actual lost rounds.<br>

0 Likes

Well, I couldn’t edit my earlier post, garbage forum software is garbage, I can’t even stand browsing stuff around here anymore.<br><br>Anyway, here’s the GF Gamerbee Vs Tokido: <br><br>www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2frAOX-pq4<br>

0 Likes

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/15933/metallicaband">metallicaband</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Well, I couldn’t edit my earlier post, garbage forum software is garbage, I can’t even stand browsing stuff around here anymore.<br><br>Anyway, here’s the GF Gamerbee Vs Tokido: <br><br>www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2frAOX-pq4<br>.<br></div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, the new forum is a mess, why did they change the perfectly normal
layout that was the previous forum? I now browse this forum like once a
month lol

0 Likes

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/15933/metallicaband">metallicaband</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Well, I couldn’t edit my earlier post, garbage forum software is garbage, I can’t even stand browsing stuff around here anymore.<br><br>Anyway, here’s the GF Gamerbee Vs Tokido: <br><br>www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2frAOX-pq4<br></div>
</blockquote>

Tokido is always enjoyable to watch, but he took it up to eleven in those matches.  He pressed forward the majority of the matches too.<br>

0 Likes

vs a friend

0 Likes

3.16.36 - Daigo (Ryu) VS Tokido.

0 Likes

3.37.32 - Filipino Champ (Sim) VS Tokido

0 Likes

Is it just me, or does Tokido have no clue how to play the Dhalsim match-up? I mean, come on, so many random DF all day every day, hellmary dive-kicks from full screen, jump-ins and etc. Looking at his approach to this match, I gotta say, he doesn’t look more confident in it then me myself, I play the same, but I’m just a mediocre\semi-decent player, so that’s okay, but why is he betting so much on random dive-kicks and jump-ins to win him this match? It sure is strange…

0 Likes

he is just betting the entire match on getting that one knockdown, cuz he is a vortex whore (the best vortex akuma player) . this happens to tokido alot when he is unable to get a knockdown he looks bad

0 Likes

It’s just that it’s not the only time I’ve seen him go full random during the Dhalsim match-up, in fact I think I’ve seen Infiltration play the exact same game vs FilipinoChamp as well. Is there really no better approach to this then go random, I don’t think so oO gotta go rewatch some games, maybe I’m just imagining stuff ):

0 Likes