We already defeated Sheng-long! The Akuma Video Thread

akuma

Some new Tokido matches:

“Will leave it to you to figure out the inputs.”

lol.

cl.HP, :qcf: :lp: :lp: :f: :lk: :hp:
Very hard to figure !

youtube.com/watch?v=xmZ6KjdOLMs

Sry for the late reply bro. Most of those ppl are on my FL thats how I know.
Btw Sonyono, Smug D Beast and AlexTMyers asked JR for a FT5 recently and JR said “no I dont want to play” to all 3

lol ok then. btw have u stopped stalking him on utube?

Me (Claw) vs. Nima (Akuma)

vs a friend who plays a solid Akuma ( 2nd and last match )

All of Akuma’s faults in one video! Enjoy!

I really hope Capcom reconsider everything about Akuma’s changes and etc!

a video of tokido losing to xian is supposed to show us how many weaknesses akuma has? the other characters in the game aside from akuma must be absolutely hopeless then

a video of tokido losing to xian is supposed to show us how many weaknesses akuma has? the other characters in the game aside from akuma must be absolutely hopeless then

[/quote]

If you really watch the set you wont just see tokido losing…you will notice the cr. MK into hado not connecting…the srk trading if not to deep…one bad guess and he lost the round even on a big life lead…the weird ending etc…if you are an Akuma player you have to notice what happend…its not a random online match with random players…its capcom cup…and top players!

My point? He really struggles with his design as he is vs footsie characters! Cant play defence for the win. Imagine what will it be with the new set of nerfs and DWU!

i know that that stuff happens but c.mk not connecting into hado makes sense his fireballs are slower on startup than ryu in exchange his fireballs recover faster its the same for ken its there on purpose kens srk’s have alot of issues (lp srk getting stuffed by normals f.srk whiffing on hit) akuma’s defence is more than good enough and certainly better than the other shoto’s
these weaknesses are there on purpose

cr.mk xx fireball combo ability has nothing to do with fireballs startups.
Akuma fireball has 1 more frame of start up more than ryu, but his cr.mk is +1 on hit while Ryu’s is 0.
It’s something else…

Maybe they should make it so Akuma moves forward a little when he does Cr.Mk xx Gohadou. Or make his Cr.Mk hit-stun better.

Being +1 on hit isn’t the whole story.

You have to estimate the cancel hit stun by doing the math

Active frames + Recovery Frames + Advantage Hit

Akuma: 3+13+1 = 17
Ryu: 5+12+0 = 17

If you do that you see both Akuma’s and Ryu’s c.MK have 17 frames of hit stun or they are exactly the same off the first active frame.

Therefore since Akuma has a 14 frame start up and Ryu has a 13, Akuma’s is +3 on cancel and Ryu’s is +4. In addition Ryu has the EX Fireball which is even faster.

Overall Ryu has better frame data for his c.MK into fireball.

Yes by 1 frame. The minimum possible difference. Was my point. Nothing we should complain about. Not a block string either for him.
The only problem is those shitty active frame of our cr.mk making it hard to use as anti air and poke.