Winner keeps character has always been the rule in like…every tournament for every game I’ve ever played. If you didn’t have that, you’d have people flip flopping around on what character to play all day. Or losing, counter picking ROB on luigi’s mansion, then switching back to something else after they win. The whole idea of counter picking doesn’t work without that rule >_<
To join the IRC channel, it’s pretty simple, here’s a step by step guide on the lazy man’s way to do it:
- Go to this website: http://www.efnet.org/
- In the nickname field, fill out whatever you want for your IRC name.
- In the channel, type #srkbrawltourney, or #srkbrawl if you want to join the regular brawl match making chat room / general discussion stuff.
- It should load and you’ll be in the chat room, ready to talk. Sometimes it takes a moment for the list of players to load on the right side, but don’t worry, everyone can see you and you can talk, even if you can’t see who’s in there.
- If you want to be in both rooms at once, typing /join #srkbrawl or whatever channel you want will open an alternate tab that you can flip to and monitor both channels.
I’ll go specify the character keeping stuff in the rules.