Weeklies Canceled

God, I really do have horrible timing when it comes to everything. If this was today, I could make it, but tomorrow I have work and I’ll only be able to around an hour at best.

Oh well, I still haven’t gotten a new controller (though I hope to fix that today), so it’s for the best.

I, once again, MAY be able to make it for Wednesday. Hazard Suit Olimar plans to kick asses.

I’ll follow those steps to join the IRC channel, but the whole “winner keeps character” thing is not a Smash tradition. We’ve already gone over this in the “Evo Brawl Rules Discussion” thread, and Smash uses the advance slob system. Winner picks their character first, then loser picks their character. This allows the winner to change their character, but the loser still gets to counter pick.

[quote=“Corner-Trap, post:26, topic:40809”]

I’ll follow those steps to join the IRC channel, but the whole “winner keeps character” thing is not a Smash tradition. We’ve already gone over this in the “Evo Brawl Rules Discussion” thread, and Smash uses the advance slob system. Winner picks their character first, then loser picks their character. This allows the winner to change their character, but the loser still gets to counter pick.
[/Quote]

That’d work if we didn’t play online and could see who the other person was selecting. I mean, I don’t really care, we can do it either way, this one just seems simpler / makes more sense to me. It’s up to the community though.

sign me up plz

when does it start

nm, apparently I cannot read

Not sure how far I’ll get, but sign me up.

Turn out is looking pretty good for this so far. Hope to see you all tonight at 8. Shit’s gonna ROCK!

Well it’s your tournament and I’ll play by your rules. So if I win I’ll keep my character. I’m about to go sign up for that IRC channel now, I keep putting it off but I really need to get working on it.

So it’s at 5:00 for us on the West Coast? I may join this one.

damn it, I cannot sign up to that IRC channel no matter how many times I try. I keeps giving messages saying I’m unable to connect to the server.

Yeah, efnet didn’t work for me either during the first tournament.

Just download mIRC and connect from there. Much, much easier. Even with the trial version.

I’m getting way to many headaches today. First I can’t sign up to that IRC channel to play in the tournament, now all three of my game systems are fucking up and won’t connect to my router. I’ll catch next weeks tournament.

bean here

ggs to everyone who could make it. i try to play next week as well

p.s.
swoops you should change your name to stomps

Yeah, GGs to everyone. Definitely trying this again next week.

So how does everyone feel about the next one being items on? Any suggestions, complaints, etc etc?

Items on is fine for me. I’ll just have to use someone besides Olimar. Curse his lack of glide-toss distance…

First, I like to say good games to all who showed up on Wednesday night. I look forward to next week’s tournament. Now for the good stuff. I finally uploaded all my matches from Wednesday’s tournament. They can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=62A4AFBF743A9979

This is also the place where I will be uploading future weekly tournament videos.

Since I didn’t get to play in this one (but now should be able to on this Wednesday), I’m confused by your question given the what it says at the top of the thread.

Weren’t all items except the healing ones already on? Are you saying that you want healing items on as well? Or is it something?

Personally, I think that enough of other tournaments trying to decide EVO’s rules–when is EVO, anyway?–have shown that some items are either broken or just huge time-wasters.

In the (naive? bored?) interest of attempting to start something of discussion, I would move that the healing items (at least the heart) stay off and that Super Spicy Curry, the Fan, Starman and maybe both Assist Trophies and the Golden Hammer are turned off (in that order).

I’d personally be fine with the just Super Spicy Curry and the Fan being off, but the others at best waste time trying to avoid them (for more Assist Trophies than Pokemon IMO) and at worst are sometimes unavoidable and thus a free stock for the person.

Speaking of which, were Final Smashes on?

First tourney (the one this last Wednesday) was items-off.