Welcome to the EVO2k3 forum

Well, it was touch and go for a while there, but EVO is back, and bigger than ever. If you have suggestions for the tournament, we certainly want to hear them, so fire away.

Be sure to read the FAQ on the Evo site a http://www.shoryuken.com/evolution

How come no A3?

I think it should be at cal poly every year, cause cal poly is dope.

Suggestion number one my friend.

DONT SHOW PEOPLE WHERE THEY WILL BE PLACED IN THE BRACKET!!

So there is less curroption…cause we all know there still will be a little…but this way there wont be as much. With people losing on purpose to be put in bracket b or what not.

Also - When doing matches…you should call out people in miniature 8 man brackets…and tell them all to report to 2 or 3 specific cabinets and have them all play back to back.

This beats out finding one guy…playing then waiting 3 hours to find the next guy. Just a little word of advice to help this shit run smooth. Cause with the amount of players you will get with namco games added…this is gonna be chaos if you dont have a smooth system.

AfroCole

ps. Hope people are practicing everyday to get ready for this madness!!! Cause I am!!

Is there going to be another USA vs. Japan Exhibition? Judging from how saturated the schedule is for the weekend, I suggest not.

:frowning: that trailer was beautiful.

Though I only have one suggestion, I just wanted to say, last year’s Evolution was great, and I hope this year’s is better in every way.
My suggestion: This year, there needs to be a clear decision beforehand, about how to handle double KO in certain games. Last year, during the CvS2 finals, after a double KO, it was said, that the score would be left at 0-0, and yet, AFTER the two individuals had picked there charachters, it was decided to be, 1-1, a loss for each of them. Under those circumstances, they would be allowed to change there charachters… and they just might have. Also, ah… I know a lot of people did random charachter switches and got away with it (During earlier matches at least), maybe require people to have there charachter/charachter set on there namecard, and if they lose, and want to change it, have a judge sign it or something. That might not be practical (time-wise), so an alternate solution could be decided.

Looking forward to it with the rest of you…
This year I will be representing NW… so I’ll train vigorously, in hopes that I can have a solid Testament by August (or whenever it is going to be, haven’t checked yet)
Veteru

One quick question:

I know that last year there were certain gifts given for donations of certain values. Do you plan on doing something similar this year?

Medals too?:smiley:

i’m winning evo!!! - test

test :smiley:

I only have one suggestion, but first, I want to say: Evo 2k2 was a blast, and I hope 2k3(B7) is even better. It seems a little shocking, about the choices for which games will be there, but I am sure it will work out, as long as people want it to.

My suggestion for this year, is this: Have a clear decision on how to handle double KO’s in all games. Last year, during CvS2 finals, there was a double KO… and even though it was initially decided to be, 0-0, it was then changed to 1-1, AFTER the two people had already re-picked there charachters. If they’d known it was to be counted as a loss, they’d have known they could change there charachters… and they might have. In any case, I heard there was some rampant charachter switching during early CvS2 matches as well (No clue about Marvel). Perhaps a system could be designed to prevent that ? Maybe having people write there charachter/team, on there entry card… and when they lose, if they decide to change, have a judge process it ? Or, if that would take too much time (there will be a lot of people), perhaps another system could be designed to keep things honest.

In any case, I will be there for certain. I’m looking forward to the competition, and maybe making it to the GGXX finals with Testament… if I can improve enough, in this short time…
Vataire Graham – AKA – Veteru

Suggestion #1.

Okay, I understand best of one due to time. I don’t really like it, but I understand.

But if it’s going to be best of one (for the most part. It may change later, it seems) then I think it should be best of 5 rounds. I didn’t see anything regarding number of rounds. (maybe I missed it.) If I’m going to pay 30 dollars for single elimination, I think 5 rounds is ideal so I won’t go out to some unexpected tactic without some breathing room to recover from it.

I guess this doesn’t really apply to VF4 and SC2, since those games are usually best of 5 already. (Maybe they should be best of 7? Hmmm…)

What do you think, sirs?

Oh, and as I write this I noted that there is exactly one person right now for GGXX and CvS2. Go Tony!

The reason for shortening it to single games is because it just takes too long to do more when you have a huge amount of people there. Extending it to 5 rounds just makes it longer again, so the problem of “too many games, not enough time” just comes right back… so I really doubt this will happen.

Suggestion number one my friend.

DONT SHOW PEOPLE WHERE THEY WILL BE PLACED IN THE BRACKET!!

So there is less curroption…cause we all know there still will be a little…but this way there wont be as much. With people losing on purpose to be put in bracket b or what not.

Also - When doing matches…you should call out people in miniature 8 man brackets…and tell them all to report to 2 or 3 specific cabinets and have them all play back to back.

This beats out finding one guy…playing then waiting 3 hours to find the next guy. Just a little word of advice to help this shit run smooth. Cause with the amount of players you will get with namco games added…this is gonna be chaos if you dont have a smooth system.

AfroCole

ps. Hope people are practicing everyday to get ready for this madness!!! Cause I am!!

I’m going :cool: I just need to get better at the damn stick… I’m mainly entering for tag and Calibur, I don’t plan on winning any of them just going for the fun of it. I hope you all the best of luck. Btw Are Rc’s in cvs2 still going to be in this year :bluu: I can’t stand em I know it’s a lame question but I know the cannon’s brothers were questioning it last year.

do not allow this man to enter the tournament…thx

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A SUGGESTION

how come there isn’t any street fighter alpha 3 this year?whould it be possible to add alpha 3 again and…maybe…possibly add KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 also:( please.

and if not what was the reason for not doing it:)thank’s.

Greatforce, Be practin; Drink your milk and take those vitamins … are you and solid going this year. oh yeah Try not to fight David lee this time :rolleyes: .

ps TekkenTag? :evil: I see what you mean :evil:

I have a few questions, somewhat weren’t clear last year, but are now “clearer” this year (changed):

1. In Marvel vs. Capcom 2, the dead body infinite rule…last year, I couldn’t tell if it was Ponder or inkblot, but one of them said you could “juggle them to the corner for positioning, but you can’t keep juggling to win by time out” -> Is this still in effect?

2. In 3rd Strike, if you win a game, keeping the same character as a rule, but what about switching supers? If you have to choose the same super (provided you win first game and its 2/3 instead of 1 game)…then that would suck :bluu: , but I would appreciate it if someone would clarify this b/c the characters I use vary in supers depending on the opponent’s character
    [I pick Makoto (for example) and I normally choose SA I against characters like Yun, Ken, Chun…but I pick SA II against Remy, Akuma, Alex] ->with the keeping your same modes rule, assuming you have to keep your super…then I would have to re-strategize and it would be nice to know in advance
    (sorry for the long question)

3. …eh, I’ll just wait 'til you guys post the game specific rules for the other games like GGXX…

my 2 cents