Hello again, if anyone remembers, I made a topic about how I was frustrated at the game and not feeling like I was getting any better. I went back into the lab to practice my execution and decided to try my hand at ranked matches again…and I went 3-13…
I will attempt to give a basic rundown of each match. Hopefully I can get some advice on why I suck so much…
- 1627BP El Fuerte(L). I have no idea how to fight him. This character is the epitome of random. Loss due to lack of character knowledge.
- 383BP Juri(L). One of my online friends plays Juri so I kind of know the match. I easily take the first round but lose the next two due to poor judgement as usual.
- 50BP Oni(W). I figured this person just started playing. Win against someone new to the game doesn’t really feel like a win.
- 580BP Rose(W). I’ve fought Rose a few times before and this actually felt even to me. I managed to pull out a win after stuffing her Ultra 2 with a backthrow > U1.
- 130BP Ken(L). I didn’t know how to punish him. I would block a shoryuken just to eat the second and air hurricane kicks kept me from doing anything in the air.
- 2112BP Ryu(L). I know the Ryu matchup, but he kept punishing my blocking with J. MK > Throw. Every time I tried to tech it my mind was just too slow.
- 50BP Akuma(L). Same player as the Ken above. Same tactics, different character. I just could not get an advantage on him.
- 2356BP Abel(L). I rarely fight Abel. Rushdown causes me to not know how to fight back. Just like El Fuerte, loss due to little character knowledge.
- 632BP Seth(L). Crossup Blockstring. Crossup Blockstrig. Crossup Blockstring. That was the whole match and my mind couldn’t keep up with it.
- 499BP Zangief(L). Who knew lariat punished air parry so much? I just didn’t know what to do here as well.
- 2690BP E. Honda(L). Fairly even match that went down to the wire. Loss because of execution mistakes on my part.
- 2635BP Gen(L). No idea how to fight him so it was nothing but counter hits. This wasn’t even close to a fair fight.
- 4007BP Yun(L). At this point I’m mentally guard broken and not really trying much. seeing such a high BP just makes me not even want to try.
- 990BP Yun(L). taking advantage of my mental state, this Yun just beats me down even further. another loss because of multiple factors.
- 2124BP Ryu(W). I honestly should not have won this fight. It just seemed like he had not fought that many Goukens and could not anticipate what I could do.
- 6983BP(wtf Capcom) T. Hawk(L). Why Capcom? How is a 6,000 BP difference fair? He kept getting me with Condor Spire > Command Grab which hurt. Stunned both rounds and lose.
So that was my morning of failure. These are the days that make me want to snap the disc in half. It just seems like anytime I feel like playing, this ends up happening. This is why I don’t see much point in practicing. If this is what’s going to happen each time I start up the disc, then what’s the point in trying to enjoy myself?