What arcade sticks do we all use?

sakura

I’ve been using a pad for a very long time. I just decided to use a stick (after all of these years).

However, what’s a good stick to get for one who mains Sakura? I was told by a friend of mine that they’re pretty much all the same except for different casing. However, other people have told me the stick can have a stiff or “squishy” feel to it depending on the stick you use.

So, what does everybody else use?

I’m learning stick for the last few days, it’s a very frustrating process.

I use the TE-S

I hate Madcatz. I’ve been burned by them twice! And their customer service is horrible.

I do better on a pad than a stick with sak because I can plink HP, HK, MP, MK and LK so easily.

but to answer your question, I switched to Rose and am using a JLF with happs that I built.

TE stick with a custom hitbox plexi. Lovin’ it.

I can’t plink on my pad. It’s difficult!
However, I can plink on a stick. So, I’m willing to spend $200 to improve my Sakura to one day beat Chaoslimits.

haha I can sort of use Sakura on stick, just don’t expect me to do a single tatsu rep though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22307845/IMG_20111224_111749.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22307845/IMG_20111224_132723.jpg

Not done yet, but you get the idea. I have blank plugs in the last to holes btw.

Lets see a pic of which stick you’re using now.

#boom

That’s what I’m using. I have a TE PRO as well but I prefer this one.

My question was simply what sticks do the Sakura players here use.

If you have been “using a pad for a very long time. I just decided to use a stick (after all of these years)”, then that thread will be helpful to you. If you don’t wish to look at that information, that is up to you; there is no need to have an attitude when someone tries to help you.

???

What attitude?!?
I did look at the information. I figured you were trying to tell me there was already an arcade stick thread out there. I mean, all you did was post a URL with no information on what your intentions were. 0_o

In addition to that there’s also What Stick/Controller Should I Buy? Read the Guide on Pg 1 Before Posting

But, in all honesty, if you’re looking to get a good stick, get one with Sanwa parts, or that can be easily modded with Sanwa or Seimitsu parts; those with Sanwa parts will almost certainly accept Seimitsu parts.

Between the two arcade brands, it’s just preference. The general preference is all Sanwa, which is why most higher-quality factory sticks come with Sanwa parts. Between getting a HRAP VX-SA and a TE, for example, just pick the one you think looks the best, honestly, same parts. Anything that uses lesser parts will work fine too, but they tend to be unfavorable for their lack of durability, mushier feel, etc. You’ll eventually want the higher quality stuff, you can certainly execute a good bit better on authentic parts over knock-offs.

Me? I like my all Seimitsu stick built from a TEK-CASE.

Madcatz BrawlSticks with Sanwa parts swapped in. It probably wouldn’t work if I wasn’t skinny lol, they’re small boxes.

Freakin’ Kayo Police plays with a HRAP VLX!

I personally believe that a stick has nothing to do with a character.

I don’t think you’re gonna find a stick that’s better with Sak over Sag, and so on and so forth.

Just find a stick you’re comfortable with, and go from there.

I use the Qanba Q4.

Why do you use that stick? What do you like about it?

It has a very large base, and I enjoy that, the buttons are pronounced, and the balltop feels like I’ll never lose it.

But my friend, who plays on a Hrap VX-SA says it feels like “Fisher Price” stick.

Another friend, who plays in the TE Madcatz says the ball is too big for his hand, so it really is all a matter of preference.