No idea why I haven’t seen a thread like this floating around,
What are some of your favourite fighters of all time? Not necessarily the best fighters ever made (that may be the case) but the fighters that mean the most to you.
I’ll get it rolling,
- Street Fighter II - Special Champion Edition : Not as balanced without the classic status of Super Turbo but I prefer the game without supers. The original champion edition was one of the first fighters I ever played in the arcade and this version was the first fighter I ever owned on the Sega Megadrive.
- GGXX (series) - Apart from the fact I love the quirky art-style/setting, this series has the best mechanics I’ve ever played in a fighting game.
- Tatsunoku Vs. Capcom UAS - The most gorgeous fighter ever made, phenomenal character design, stages, music, the whole game is one giant wet dream. It may be a 3 button fighter with only two characters with limited assist potential but the mechanics are solid with a lot of depth (systems like Baroque) and the basic design removes a lot of the BS from other vs. games.
- Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 - After recently rediscovering this game I hardly need to say more, it’s one of the best games Capcom have ever made.
- Mortal Kombat II (Playstation) - By far the best version of MKII, to be perfectly honest I don’t enjoy many Midway titles, this is the only Mortal Kombat game I love and it’s incredible. MKII is still one of the most brutal fighting games ever made and criminally under-rated due to how quickly the series went to shit.