I am going to start planning for the next PNW majors next summer. Even though a month has gone by, it is still close enough that people should remember it somewhat clearly. I really want to hear your guys opinions on what you would like to see at the next PNWMajors, and what you would like to see changed from the previous tournament. What went well would be great to point out also.
It doesn’t matter if it is totally realistic or not. It can be anything from, “I would like more pressure from the water fountain”, to “I would like all my matches on the big screen and recorded.” Staying realisitc will definitley help though.
Here are some of my goals for the next tournament.
- Attendance of 300 people.
- Bigger facility with adequate accomodations (power, sound, room, etc.)
- Acquire a sponsor/multiple sponsors to pay for a majority if not all of the cost, secured ahead of time.
- Achieve a profit to purchase consoles/equipment for future tournaments.
- Capture more matches and even better documentation of the event.
- Partner with other major tournaments to encourage attendance and awareness to out of state players.
- Have Street Fighter 4 as a main game.
- Better and more comprehensive advertising.
- Maybe changing the name to just Northwest Majors?
- Smaller pre-tournies to build hype for the big tournament, get practice running more tournaments. And because there fun.
- Get winnings out to tournament winners faster. (This was more a of a personal failure.)
Not all of that stuff has to happen, but those are a few of the goals I would like to achieve by the next tournament.
So I want to know what you guys think should be at the next tournament, what needs to get changed, and what went well and should stay.