What does it mean to "Tiger Knee" a move?

Some Cable said he Tiger Kneed a grenade and ahvb twice…DK if its true but I just want to know what it means to Tiger Knee a move, Thanks

Wet steaksauce!!
My nigga no shame!!!

Pshhh novice!!!

Hadouken motion is :qcf:.
Tiger Knee motion is :qcf::uf:.

Using Ryu’s Hadouken as an example. If you use the normal motion, Ryu will just fire a Hadouken, like usual. But if you use the Tiger Knee motion, Ryu will jump a little bit off the ground, and then fire a super-low-altitude air Hadouken.

The most obvious use for this is Cable’s HVB. The ground version has a bunch of lag, while the air version doesn’t. By Tiger Knee’ing it, you can do a really low to the ground aerial HVB, then land almost instantly and fire a second one.

Additionally, the tiger knee motion counts as a super jump instead of a normal jump, so you can super jump cancel a normal right into a special.

This is how Cable’s basic AHVB combo is done. When the s.hk hits, it is super jump canceled and then HVB comes right out.

ight cool thanks

Also, Tiger Knee is sometimes abbreviated with TK.

For some reason it’s more difficult to TK a Heavy special than it is to TK the weaker variation. Super’s are just as lenient as Light specials.

The way I TK involves an extra input, but I find it to be more reliable when doing TK’d Heavy moves. I start at down, roll to up-fwd, then go straight to down-fwd. There’s no real reason this should work, but by hesitating with the button input until I reach down-fwd, I’m basically just allowing the perfect amount of time for the super-jump to take place.