What exactly makes the DC version of 3S worse?

Title says it all… is it just minor glitches that make it inferior to the PS2 version? I can’t afford everything, so I think I will just get a DC if the errors aren’t too bad.

So, what are they? Is there a site that lists them all or something, or is it a major problem?

Thanks,
John

Input lag, unblockables removed. Don’t know if there’s anything else but these are pretty major.

Genei-jin is toned down as well.
Face it, the DC-version is crap. Don’t waste your money on crap.

Its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

I have it and personally still like to play it and yes I have SFAE.

Let’s just put it this way. The stuff you see people do in high level match vids you won’t be able to do yourself in the DC version of the game.

I own both and I’ve never seen any difference myself. Maybe I just suck! ^^

Input lag is a big factor, how bad exactly does it suffer from this problem?

not only that stuff mentioned, but hit confirms are pretty much gone also, thats a big factor too. the game just feels like crap when going from arcade/ps2/xbox to the dc version.

bottom line tho, if you just play for fun, then just stick with dc. if you are out to play better and more serious, I HIGHLY recommend not using this version at all costs

The DC version of 3S was rushed on Capcom’s behalf. Pixelated character sprites (they all looked blown up) & poor resolution. If you play Double Impact then play 3S, you’ll see a DRASTIC difference animation & framewise. The DC version of 3S’s still decent nonetheless.

SOARINGWING, if you’re talking about how 3Ss display is smoother/not as sharp as Double Impact, you can hold button cominations at startup to change the display mode in 3S. Check GameFAQs for the codes.

John, if you’re just playing around, there is nothing worng with the DC version. You probably will not notice the input lag, or care about hit-confirms, or care about Urien’s/Oro’s unblockables, etc. If you start caring enough to want to play seriously, then you can get the PS2 version.

So, would you rather reccommend Double Impact over 3S? What are the differences? Are the problems that riddle 3S there in Double Impact as well?

Thanks all who have responded.

It all depends on your preference. Do you prefer variety (3S) or quantity (DI)? 3S now is available for three different system consoles, whereas DI still remains exclusive to the DC. DI also harnesses Super Arts which aren’t available on 3S. DI’s a fairly decent arcade port of the first two SF3’s. You could more than likely find both games on the DC for dirt cheap on ebay. Either way, you can’t go wrong.

IMO, 3S is a far better game, though.

So is the xbox version arcade perfect? or are unblockable’s still out?

Xbox & PS2 are arcade perfect. DC is not. It’s possible to turn on/off unblockables on Xbox & PS2. (Guard Judgement = old/new, repectively)

GJ isn’t toned down. Something’s just fucked up /w damage scaling, so palms fuck up GJ damage. St.fp is still the same. The game also seems to play faster.

If it’s all the same pricewise, get the PS2/Xbox, if it’s not all the same, get the DC first, then if you decide the game is worth pursuing professionally, you’ll need to switch to xbox/ps2. People have done ok practicing on DC, you just might be missing a few things depending on what characters you play and how much you intend to learn of the game. Of course if you ever want to play anyone online, you’ll need an xbox.

After playing the Xbox version for a long time and going back there are HUGE differences. Characters are smaller, color is washed out, and there is alot of missing animation. There is input lag, and characters were altered/toned down.

Double Impact on the DC is arcade perfect though from what I can tell. Game looks DAMN good, even better looking/closer to arcade than 3s for PS2 and Xbox.

After playing the Xbox version for a long time and going back there are HUGE differences. Characters are smaller, color is washed out, and there is alot of missing animation. There is input lag, and characters were altered/toned down.

Double Impact on the DC is arcade perfect though from what I can tell. Game looks DAMN good, even better looking/closer to arcade than 3s for PS2 and Xbox.

I noticed this when I first played 3S after DI on the DC. Personally, I like 2nd Impact/Giant Attack more than 3S. The only thing 3S has going for it IMHO is that it has more characters (though I can live without most new chars). And personally, I think DI’s music is far better than 3S.

if you dont plan on going to play at arcades/tournaments, the DC version is just fine. You wont even notice the difference.

The only differences I noticed are larger character sprites, unblockables gone, and charge buffering is a hell of a lot harder on DC.