What is with the different sanwa sticks?

Background: I am going to buy a sanwa stick for a new MK layout panel with quick disconnects for very fast swapping.

I see multiple sanwa sticks, I’m not quite sure what the difference is?

Sanwa Joysticks

I have the Tadcats TE, it looks like its a Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK Joystick, but not sure what the Sanwa JLF-TM-8T-SK Joystick or Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT Joystick are.

Thanks.

if i recall, one of them has the PCB rotated 90 degrees. not much of a huge deal

edit: oh and TM doesnt use a wiring harness

OK Sorry posted before doing sufficient googling. Here’s what I found in case someone searches and finds this thread, courtesy of jdm714.

Here the six variations listed in Sanwa Catalog ('07~'08):
JLF-TP-8 is Base JLF.
JLF-TP-8Y is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90°.
JLF-TP-8T is Base JLF with JLF-P-1 (Flat Mounting Plate).
JLF-TP-8YT is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90° with JLF-P-1 (Flat Mounting Plate).
JLF-TP-8S is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90° with JLF-P-1S (S Mounting Plate).
JLF-TP-8Y-SK is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90° with JLF-CD (Shaft Cover).

Of course other variations can be done too:
JLF-TP-8-SK, JLF-TP-8T-SK, JLF-TP-8S-SK, JLF-TP-8YT-SK.

I’ll just add this for completeness, since it is JLF:
JLF-TM-8 can do; JLF-TM-8T, JLF-TM-8T-SK, JLF-TM-8S, JLF-TM-8S-SK.

If you want the exact Sanwa counterpart of the stock Mad Catz Joystick, it is Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-W.
The exact Joystick in Mad Catz Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick? Tournament Edition is Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK-W.

All the “-W” at the end means is that the JLF in the Mad Catz TE has a white balltop. It’s not a specific model.

That designation has also been used for HRAP models and variants like the Arcana Heart 2 joystick…
Another “color suffix” (probably “-B”) was used for the BlazBlue Calamity Trigger HRAP that Hori produced nearly a year-and-half ago, too. Again, it’s just “B” ("Blue) for the color of the balltop and not a specific model.

Pretty much all JLF’s that are OEM on the Mad Catz TE’s and HRAP’s are the -SK variety with the shaft cover and flat mounting plates. There’s really no differences among the JLF’s other than variances in equipment = absence or presence of flat mounting plate, shaft cover, and balltop color. They’re otherwise mechanically identical. The whole PCB rotation just has to do with orientation of the PCB (5-prong side) with respect to the 30mm pushbuttons.