What is your general strategy for getting in with Dante?

dante

Ok, so I’ve picked up Dante but it’s been really hard for me to get in and open up anybody. I usually try to jump dash C but that’s useless against people who know how to block. I’ve been trying different approaches with airplay and I even have trouble punishing. Somebody help me out!

Teleport with assist or projectile cover, crouching medium has good range, bold cancel normal into air dash. There are a lot of good options. Jump C is definitely a great air move for starting combos, but sometimes you need to use Jump S (better priority and if say Akuma Tatsu assist hits it can start a combo off of it).

i like to call projectile assist, stinger into bold teleport behind them into C. if they start blocking the crossup, then airdash and hit them with a double crossup C. jump C cancelled into S can also work for a double overhead if they are expecting a low attack.

or just fire rockets and wavedash in behind them. dante has no probs getting in on people.

Tiger knee hammer (d,df,f,uf+L, d,df,f+L immediately after) is strong for overhead games also after forcing them to block a low once you get in.

I like to jump back, dash forward in the air, and approach with a j.C. If they block it you can just dash back, if not you can go into your BnB combo or whatnot.

i say let them block and do stinger+boldcancel > reverb shock > fireworks so they can know how much chip hurts if you dont let ma dante in on that D:<