What makes CvS2 EO bad?

I used to have the game on GC. but after playing the DC version there is virtually no differences. The only thing that bothered me was the small D-pad. EO mode was a selectable mode. Its not the standard mode. Oh and the removed the RC. what other changes did they make to the game that I may have missed?

GameFAQs: Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO (XBOX) CvS2/CvS2EO Console Differences FAQ by psychochronic

What makes it bad is that it’s not arcade perfect and the only people that plays CVS2 seriously are arcade players and those players won’t relearn a game no matter what. But the most important thing is that no one that plays CVS2 EO on XBL would ever come out and rep the game so that’s why the game is bad.

Personally, I find the fixes very interesting. Before roll canceling was found and used, CVS2 was much more exciting. And P-Groove definitely needed the buff, K-groove shitted on it for free.

I never bothered with EO as I had the DC version, but the changes DO sound interesting.

It wasn’t bad, per se. It’s shitted on because it’s different from the arcade version. Now if it were a minor difference like Akuma’s F+MP being throwable in the PS2 version of Third Strike, the community would be cool with it. But, you see, P Groove got some major buffs and, more importantly, roll canceling was removed. Now, once Roll Canceling, CvS2 turned into a VERY different game. Removing roll canceling changes how the game is played on the highest level significantly. The people who played at that level liked what roll canceling did to the game and so removing that is tantamount to heresy. So, once again, it’s not that it’s bad. It’s that it’s different from the arcade version, which is the tournament version. It’s still a great game in its own right.

It’s important to understand that the people who play fighting games at the highest level wouldn’t play at that level if they didn’t like how the games played at that level. Removing something small to the casual player can impact the enjoyment of the tournament player greatly.

Of course, despite saying this, I don’t care about the current 3S community at all when I suggest that parrying should be removed from any future revision of Third Strike. So, for those who have seen some of the insanity I’ve posted in certain topics, I’m not a hypocrite. I’m just selfish and value my fun over yours. :cool:

They kind of half-assed the changes. There were almost no character specific tweaks.