What other than street fighter is good?

The only other fighting games (and what 95% of my experience is in) I’ve really played is the 2D Mortal Kombat series. I played from MK1 to UMK3 in the local arcade (and on SNES/PSX) and SFIIT on SNES. I only in the past couple of months started playing HD Remix and now SFIV. I have my XBox 360 and a gaming PC and I’m looking to delve further? What else can I play on either of those systems that would be worth it for online play?

3D:

• Virtua Fighter 5 Online (360)
  • Tekken 5DR (PS3/PSN)
  • Soul Calibur IV (PS3/360)

Tekken 6 is coming out later in the fall.

2D:

• KOFXIII coming on PS3/360 in the summer
  • Blazblue coming on PS3/360 in the summer as well

Get GGPO and indulge yourself with all that arcade goodness. You can play online with this.

ggpo.net

get it.

Also, you could try playing other Street Fighters. There’s quite a few drastically different ones out there.
Plus SNK stuff.

Mark of the Wolves is a solid 2d fighter that was made to accommodate SF fans that want to try SNK games.

I’m new here, but I’d put in a vote for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on Dreamcast if you can lay your hands on it.

Take it back to the SNES days and get you some TMNT: Tournament Fighters.

alpha 2 is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Like people said check out GGPO.

Try out other SF games like SFA2/3. Also, other great games like Vampire savior/Darkstalkers, JoJos.

With SNK check out some of the samurai showdown series. Check out King of Fighters 98/2002, Garou Mark of The Wolves.

KOF 98UM is out in the US and 2002UM is out in Japan. There’s Guilty Gear XX Accent Core which is out in the US as well.

I see you got a 360. Check out BlazBlue, KOF XII, Tekken 6.

Fighting games which I like and randomly play:

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (DC)
Guilty Gear Slash (eventhough AC is new patch)
Street Fighter 3S
Blaze Blue (I spell it this way)
TvC
Street Fighter IV
Vampire Saviour/Darkstalkers
Rival Schools United by Fate (not project justice)
Capcom vs SNK1/2 (I like 1 more than 2)
Melty Blood AA
Street Fighter World Warrior (yes really, this is the real OG, not turbo)
King of Fighters XI

I also play Smash with some pros but it’s not a real fighting game so it doesn’t matter.

Fuck yeah? Fuck yeah.

TMNT: Tournament Fighters (SNES). It’s ST Beta baby.

Slaughter Sport for Genesis. Game sucks hard, but man did I play the hell out of it when I was a kid.

For old stuff I also like Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown, Mark of the Wolves, most of the KOF.

Alpha 2 is good, 3S you’ll either love or hate.

Marvel vs. Capcom games are great too.

Correct answer.

In fact, almost all of the games that are supported by GGPO are really worth a try.

Non GGPO-wise, go for VF5 or wait for Tekken 6, Blazblue and KoF XII.

On the PC, you could always try out Melty Blood: Act Cadenza, too.

Street fighter III: third strike
Street fighter 2 HD remix or the original super street fighter 2 turbo
Street fighter alpha 2 or better yet alpha anthology
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Garou: mark of the wolves
Tekken tag tournament
VF 4 or 5
Soul Calibur 2
Guilty gear 2 accent core

I saw KOF XI at Best Buy and was really tempted to get it. Is it any good? I never see anybody talk about it, everyone is busy playing remakes.

XI is great. I soon expect a shitstorm of people saying it’s bad because
-it has tagging
-SNK is copying Marvel
Both elitist fanboy bullshit reasons.

And before any cries about Kula and Gato remember not a damn person ever tried to help with the matchup and and every damn KOF has some great stupidity in it’s top tiers.

XI is a great game. It’s just that people prefer 98 and 2002. And both have a bigger scene than XI especially if you can’t get local comp.

ggpo is your friend

thanks alot man, next time I go out I will have to get it. I could get 98 but I want something different.

nothing else is good not even girls