What REALLY makes Akuma Broke?

Never really understood why people get so fixated on not being able to be stunned instead of the myriad other bullshit he has.

This is not true at all. In the very first place, the number of people actively playing SF4 is less than 1/10th of the people playing SF2 20 years ago. And offline play is mostly dead.

Since the thread’s been necro’d, I’m a little surprised his ridiculous normal moves didn’t make the list here.

Really? Majority of Akuma’s normals are Old Ryu’s normals as well.

Huh. I guess I have HDR on the brain. O. Ryu can jump kick people out of uppercuts too.

yes, at max range. we affectionately call it the “Damdai” kick. Since he uses it so effectively.

hi rufus, long time no see buddy.

Actually, it’s pretty standard. It’s basic CPS-1 stuff that you can not punish those after jumping over a projectile. The difference is you whiff the SRK entirely in CPS-1 SF2. It must be used in such situations (when they can’t move) because you get countered by all characters if you jump in honestly from that distance and they are free to move.

Yes this is true, but there are some key differences between Akuma and O.Ryu. Primarily, Akuma’s far Roundhouse and far Forward are much better than O.Ryu, the blue hitbox on his RH is smaller and the red hitbox on his Forward is bigger.

Also Akuma’s startup on his fireballs are almost invincible (the blue hitbox is the same size but is much farther back), he can actually use it as a reversal to avoid some meaty attacks like Zangief’s far Short.

I better start putting more miles on my akuma.

damm, nigga is so broken he has CvS2 far invencible-tip RH PLUS an invencible st. forward and an ass broken fireball too…

Is that his HDR version? I thought HDR classic Akuma didn’t have a super meter?

If so, THAT’S Sirlin’s idea of a balanced Akuma? LOL.

That is the hdr version.
But here is ST
LK

LP

MK

Edit:
And Fireball start

One of the many HDR f’up includes giving shin akuma’s normals to playable akuma …
Ganelon talked about that sometime ago.
Shin akuma is the one that you played when you get all the perfects etc. He has double air fireballs

That standing far jab is pretty absurd. I did look for Akuma hitboxes in the wiki.

Still have to work on them… I finally got the time… but no motivation.

Been there. That’s why HDR Akuma didn’t get outlines on my site.

his st mk is insane, as if his dp wasnt broken enough

We’ve had time to learn how to fight against Akuma and fight as Akuma over 19 years. Let’s have Akuma unbanned

I just had a good set against akuma and and went 50/50

Why not make Akuma unbanned in next ST tournament?