What sanwa stick is used in TE-1?

I want to mod my Street Fighter IV TE-1 stick because it doesnt react as it used to.
I look at www.arcadeshop.de and know that i need sanwa 30 buttons but what stick do i need?

it shows 2:
[SIZE=12px]JLF-TP-8YT (Sanwa)[/SIZE]

and
[SIZE=12px]JLW-UM-8 (Sanwa)[/SIZE]

also I want to keep the collors standard, just as I got the stick fresh from the box. so if the balltop isnt white, i can simply use the old balltop and place it on the new stick right?

thanks for the info guys

I want square gate. i dont know if that’s what its about?

The stick you are looking for is the JLF-TP-8YT-SK. That is the exact stick used in the MadCatz Arcade Fightstick Tournament Edition. The stick you linked, JLF-TP-8YT is the same stick, minus the shaft cover and with a single dust cover. Both sticks come with a square gate that goes 4-8 way, depending on how you rotate the gate insert.

thanks man. what is 4-8 way? and what do you mean by “how you rotate the gate insert”?

and lastly: its safe to just order the JLF-TP-8YT stick right?
I have no idea how modding works because i have zero technical experience :slight_smile:

When you get the stick, the gate is rotated for 8-way motion. This is the standard square gate you’re familiar with. The gate has a center insert which you can rotate manually to restrict the stick to 4-way motion, meaning you can only hit the four cardinal directions, but not diagonals. For fighting games, chances are you will not be using it.

Here’s some bedtime reading for you with a wealth of information on gates and what they do - restrictor information is halfway down: http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/restrictors.html

Ordering the JLF-TP-8YT will be a safe order, and it is a direct swap.

Before you do, let me ask what you mean by “doesn’t react as it used to”? You might be able to save yourself some time and money by just replacing the spring and/or the TP-MA switch PCB, as those are the main parts that wear out.

wel mostly its the buttons. they sometimes dont react or they react just a fraction of a second late. other moments they feel completely normal again. i realy punished that stick in rage a couple of times though and i’m quite strong. my XBOX TE-S stick still reacts completely normal but my ps3 TE-1 stick does what i just said.

Well, I would suggest ordering just a TP-MA board, which will restore your stick to OEM. Replacement is as easy as opening the case, popping off the restrictor gate, lifting out the switch PCB and replacing it, popping the gate back on, then closing the case.

The buttons can easily be replaced with OBSF-30 Sanwa buttons.

and the meaning of what you just said about TP-MA board and switch PCB etc all is explained in the link you just gave me right?

TP-MA is the model number of the switch PCB. You can buy it from most arcade shops online; just do a Google search for “TP-MA Sanwa” and the first five results are places you can buy it from. Follow the instructions I gave you to replace and you’re good to go. It’s just that simple. :slight_smile:

ok i think I actually know what you mean. Only need that TP-MA part and the 8 buttons, replace it and my stick is back to its original manufactured state…right?

thanks a lot for all info and help man. if i could give you 10 reputation likes i would

Not a problem, glad to help! Once you open your TE, everything I explained should make sense.