What Stick/Controller Should I Buy? Read the Guide on Pg 1 Before Posting

Hey, <br><br>So i’m trying to find a PS2 arcade stick and so far, every single one I have found are either sold out or they come with other nonsense where I have to pay extra. I then came across this stick:<br><br>http://www.arcadeshock.com/items/mas-system-pro-arcade-sticks/dual-pro-mas-stick-for-ps-ps2-dreamcast-w-competition-stick-full-size-dualmascompfull-mas-detail.htm<br><br>Can someone give me opinion on this stick? How hard is it to mod it? (since they only come in circular and 8 way gates and I have a spare Sanwa square gate joystick to replace it with) Is there any other PS2 sticks that are better choices. <br>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/83233/Ali2204">Ali2204</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>can anyone recommend me which stick to get between Qanba q4raf and the
street fighter x tekken pro, had my eye on them to because they are the
one i can afford and buy and why ty</div>
</blockquote>

Scroll up, and read some of my earlier posts. I already did a huge break down of Qanba vs Mad Catz. And if you ask me 99.9 times out of 100 I recommend Mad Catz or Hori over Qanba. <br><br>Stop asking this one people.<br><br><br><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/84906/BigGiant">BigGiant</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Crazy discounts on madcatz.com mean I’m getting a Street Fighter X Tekken stick, but I’m having a hard time picking between the Pro and V.S.with the £20 price difference.</span></font><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>I know I won’t use the V.S. connecting feature, but what I’ve read suggests it’s slightly sturdier and has a spacier (better?) layout? I won’t be modding, and my setup means I’ll be sitting on the floor with the stick in my lap, most likely. I’ve owned exactly 2 sticks in my life: PS1 Namco Arcade Stick, and Dreamcast Arcade Stick - I preferred the Namco. Any advice gratefully received!</span></font></div></div>
</blockquote>

<br>You are not going to find a stick like the old PS1 Namco or the Dreamcast Agetec stick. Closes thing would the the Hori VX and V3.<br><br><br><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/35158/JacopeX">JacopeX</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Hey, <br><br>So i’m trying to find a PS2 arcade stick and so far, every single one I have found are either sold out or they come with other nonsense where I have to pay extra. I then came across this stick:<br><br>http://www.arcadeshock.com/items/mas-system-pro-arcade-sticks/dual-pro-mas-stick-for-ps-ps2-dreamcast-w-competition-stick-full-size-dualmascompfull-mas-detail.htm<br><br>Can someone give me opinion on this stick? How hard is it to mod it? (since they only come in circular and 8 way gates and I have a spare Sanwa square gate joystick to replace it with) Is there any other PS2 sticks that are better choices. <br></div>
</blockquote>

<br>For the Most part all the PS2 sticks are discontinued. There has not been a really a PS2 stick on the market in like years. Arcade Shock and their version of the Mas stick is more of a in-house custom.<br>From their picture the stick looks like it is all Happ, but the description says Japanese parts (yeah… right). Honestly Modding a MAS should be straight forwards.<br>

Can anyone recommend a site that sells sticks within the EU? I live in Denmark and they have you pay a fee, for erm…, paying the fee (tarif), if the item shipped to you comes from outside the EU and the price is just not worth it.<div><br></div>

Hello, SRK. I’ve recently been getting into fighting games, and so getting a stick seems to be a good idea. I play DoA5, VF5:FS, TTT2, and Accent Core Plus R on the PS3, and I’ve heard a lot about the HORI Fighting Edge. However, that was about half a year ago, so I’m wondering if there have been/will be any new releases that I may want to look at before I decide on the Fighting Edge.

Looking to buy a stick exclusively for Dreamcast fighters. Suggest arcade stick builders here to talk to.
I already have a multi-platform stick to play all the modern systems. I just want a stick for Dreamcast only.

I’m looking for seimitsu buttons and a crown battop joystick with a Qanba PCB.

Nothing yet from the usual rumor mills as far as Hori goes. I recommend the V3 Pro SA or the VX Pro SA over the fighting edge.

You are on the wrong thread if you want a custom. This thread is Buying guide for Retail Arcade controllers.

You want [Need a Modder/Builder in Your Area? Check This Post.](Need a Modder/Builder in Your Area? Check This Post

Also you are being confusing here you want a Modded Qanba or a modded Dreamcast stick?

^ Thx
I’m leaning towards a modded qanba because I also want PC functionality. So Dreamcast and PC gaming.

Qanba isn’t the only ones that do PC compatibility.

All Xbox 360 sticks do PC compatibility, and Most PS3 sticks (older Mad Catz TE has issues with non-intel machines)
All of the boards that are used for dual-mods have excellent PC compatibility.

Hey guys, a quick question!
I am a complete newb on arcade sticks and im planning to buy one.
I have a relative who is selling his madcatz tournament edition fightstick (street fighter 4) for 70 euros.
He told me its in great condition, the stick (the stick in the stick i mean) has loosened a little but he told me it’s still in excellent condition. Buttons are like new.
Now is this a good deal?
Keep in mind i live in Finland and the chance of finding a stick in any store is basically nonexistant… I could get one from ebay or amazon but shipping costs extra and so on.

Any opinions greatly appreciated, help a bro out!

Thanks

Considering your location then it doesn’t sound that bad a deal. However I would advise you to test the stick out in person first, don’t take someone’s word for its condition, even a relative! The joystick is an important feature so if it needs replacing then that will add to the cost and hassle.

And being a relative, perhaps you can get them down to 60 Euros in cash…

Ok, what pcb do you recommend? MC chulu (however it is spelled)
I also want seimitsu buttons but don’t know what kind/model, suggest that too plz.

Thanks again

Also, would you say that 360 sticks have better PC compatibility than Ps3 sticks?
I use Win7 os and my Omni korean stick (Paewang PCB) is perfect for all three platforms on Pc, 360, and ps3.

Yes.

I have a pretty stupidish question, but I figure I would ask anyways as it is confusing me.

Up on Play Asia, I was looking up PS2 controllers. There SOME controllers that have Asia listed on them. Does that mean those PS2 pad will only work in Asian PS2 consoles? I really don’t want to have to go through Gamestop if I can’t help it, as these pads are new, while most of the Pads Gamestop sells are used, probably to hell.

The controllers aren’t region locked so you’re ok. I had a Japanese PS2 controller that I used on my US PS2.
(The reason they’re labelled US, Asia, Japan on PlayAsia is because the controllers are the ones released in the specified regions. Asia typically means it’s a HK model).

Thank you kindly. Now I know. Time to order more controllers.

Only controller that is region lock is the Wii U’s new tablet controller.

My FGA at Hunter has a Street Fighter IVTE and a Qanba Q4, and I can almost immedietely tell you I don’t like the Qanba because the buttons are too close to the joystick that I have my index finger on the second column. Therefore, looking at both the V3 SA and the VX SA, I am pretty sure that I would not like the spacing.

Admittedly, though, I am also curious outside Hori, if you could elaborate on that, too.

Pretty sure the Hori SAs have the same spacing as the qanba and the TE. The SA Kai models DO have a bit more space between the stick and buttons.

It’s actually the Round 2 TE, now that I think of it a bit more, but I think that the spacing then is a bit greater than the Round 1, so I think I will be getting the Fighting Edge. Besides, I’m sure it’d be easier to use the FE to mod for PS4, if we have to.