What Stick/Controller Should I Buy? Read the Guide on Pg 1 Before Posting

what the best TE2 to modding for ps3 & Xbox 360?
TE2 xbox one or TE2 PS4?
thanks kinds regards

Merged with the existing thread.

The stickies exist for a reason.

which should i get? which stick does the fighting game community hold in higher regard. Im just looking for comments from those who have first hand experience w both and wanting to hear their preference and why. thanks :slight_smile:

There no one best way.
Easy route Xbox One TE 2 + Crossbone TE PCB + PS360+
Cheaper route The PS4

I belive the PS4 PCB is common ground, the Xbox One stick is not, hence why the crossbone is needed

darsakul thx for u’re answer
one last question, TE2 model ps4 moded with PS360+ can we added crossbone too ? or something like for xbox one?
thx again

A quin mod (PC/PS3/PS4/360/XB1) is possible via XB1 MKX padhack & Hori Fighting Commander Pro 4 padhack combo with switches. Unless you have quality soldering skills and modding knowledge, you’ll likely have to have someone do it for you. Check [this post](Need a Modder/Builder in Your Area? Check This Post for your local modder, or just go @Vicko if on west coast or @Gummo if on the east coast.

I post this on the Question and Answered thread but I think this should have been post here instead. Sorry for the double post.

I’m deciding between building my own stick with a tek case, getting a hori rap4, or getting a maybe a qamba q1 or a mayflash and mod it with samwa parts. This will mostly use with PC and maybe later a PS4.

This is going to be my first fightstick ever and still not sure. Budget is no more than $150 but will like to spend less in case I end up not liking using one.

Any good recommendation?

Building your own is satisfying in ways that is hard to express. It’s unique and a direct reflection of yourself. If you can, I would do it that way.

True, but it’s far from a good budget option unless you already have the needed tools.

Also true, but if he’s getting a case from Tek, he doesn’t need much in the way of tools. He could very easily get in under that 150 mark he’s looking at.

Now if you’re building your own case, it gets a little pricier for an entrance barrier. Drills, saws and routers aren’t commonly cheap retail. Look in your local pawn shops for those. You’ll save a ton.

I will definitely use a Tek case as I don’t think I have the ability to build a case myself. My other concern with building it myself is the PCB. Should I padhack one of my 360 wireless controller (got 4 laying around) or get a PCB like the PS360+ or a Cthulhu to save money as I will only use this on the PC.

Cheapest non padhack option would be a pc only zero delay encoder ($10 with all wiring), but at this point I’d be more inclined to go with the cthulhu since the ps4 lab zero driver supports it.

I would go with the Hrap V4 instead of the DIY option if budget is a concern and you want PS4 compatibility down the road.
That is if you are getting a PS4.

Yeah If I decide on a DiY I will go with the Cthulhu as is cheaper than the PS360+

My idea with the Mayflash was that I will buy one to try myself with a stick. To see how I feel about it and if I enjoy playing with it I will them upgrade it with better parts. That way if I somehow dont enjoy using a stick is only a $40 investment. Somehow I’m kind sure I will like it though.

I do have the skill to do a DiY. My electronics knowlege I think is enough to do it. I’m always building PCs at work and I know how to wire stuff. The only think I’m not good at is soldering. Is kind fun thing to do to, but if the price will go over $150 them I think I’m just better getting a Hori as you say.

Thanks for all the help. Will think about it and make a decition tomorrow thanks.

If you do get a Mayflash try to get the v2 Mayflash as authentic parts will fit without much modification
You may or may not need to splice the joystick wiring

Well the V2 on Amazon is $100 including shipping. Didn’t find it on ebay. I think for 100$ I preffer to go for other options like the Qanba or even put $50 more for the Hrap4. If I could get it for $80 it can be a nice option I think.

Am in the market to buy a FightPad or a Good Third Party controller thats suited for FGs and is durable , but am confsued

What you are confused for and what system?

I am on PC

I really would like a Pad thats good as well as that will last me long, you have mad catz, you have Hori and then comes other 3rd Party stuff
But there are so many stuffs out there , I am confused which one to buy

Really wanted that PDP versus Pad with that microswitch stuff but i heard its quality is fucking ass :frowning:

In my mind all the current market fight pads are made not as well as it could be.
The GG Xrd fight pad being the worst.

But you are on the PC there tons of adapters to use game pads from past consoles on the console.
Just find the old controller you feel you be comfortable with.