What Stick/Controller Should I Buy? Read the Guide on Pg 1 Before Posting

Pick up a zero delay encoder off of ebay for cheap and use that.

The SE with upgraded parts is plenty nice.

@Reiraku
Can you make the Madcatz SE fully PC compatible with that? I’d never heard of it before.

Yes, though I do recall a couple of people saying they had trouble with USF4 on steam with it (haven’t verified this personally). You can usually get the PC only model (which I’ve been told works on PS3 sans a home button) with all the wires needed for $10, so it’s a hell of a bargain.

@PresidentCamacho
This one looks promising? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Zero-Delay-Arcade-USB-Encoder-PC-to-joystick-for-MAME-Fight-Stick-Controls-/171017609206?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d1719ff6

I’m doing the research for a friend who has a Madcatz SE for PS3 already modded with sanwa parts that won’t work on his pc. I have been in the same boat before with my old TE.

Yeah, that’s the one. There’s also one for $20 with home button support (you would need to add a button or do some circuit cutting and soldering with the madcatz sticks) and ps2 support, though I’ve had to rearrange the joystick pins on both I’ve bought.

Yeah, I put one of those in my SE and it works just fine. No problem with USF4 or any of my other games.

Mh I see, and what about modding it into the stick? Is there a guide out there? From a cursory search I didn’t find anything specific about changing PCBs but then again I’m 100% sure the answers is right under my nose.

Its more straight forwards that people think.

That one is as easy of an install as it gets, it’s basically plug and play.

And I was already thinking about asking my housemate if he knew something about soldering ahaha Thank you very much!

I hope I’m not doing anything wrong by double posting, but I was going to buy the encoder posted by Yuriwa when I noticed I could buy this one instead: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zero-Delay-Arcade-USB-Encoder-PC-to-joystick-for-MAME-I-Pac-Ipac-style-/251822690447?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item3aa1cd508f

It would be pretty nice since it’s from Spain and not China, but it’s not PS2 compatible (not that I care really much…) and it’s from Ipac I guess? The module seems the same to my untrained eye, but I’d like to be sure before buying it.

Also I’m still searching for a guide about how to install it into my arcade stick, it seems really easy to do but I’m terrible with manual labours and having something to follow will be pretty nice.

EDIT: Gah I could have waited a couple of minutes before writing this post I think the chip I posted isn’t really an Ipac? And since the product description between my item and Yuriwa’s one is the same it seems to me like it’s the same chip without Ps2 support (and more expensive… But it would be delivered in half the time), so it’s the encoder I’m looking for.

Hi Guys,

I am new here as I have been recommended this forum from a friend. Hope I can get an answer :slight_smile: .

I am in the UK and would like to buy an arcade stick for PS4. The only problem is that almost everything is sold out. I have a budget of £100 and I am thinking about getting a Qanba since it is the only one that I know is available in the country.

Could you please tell me what do you think about the brand, I am new to this so I don’t know which one is good.

Any other arcade sticks suggestions would be more than welcome? :slight_smile:

Thanks you for you help.

I think very little of the brand, especially after working on a few.
Also there are no PS4 versions of a Qanba stick.

Check on Amazon.uk, there is some Hori sticks for just 99£.

Ninja edit: Sold out.

Have they said anything about release times for SF5-themed Madcatz sticks? I’ve got the PS4 SF5 demo coming in July and want a stick, but I don’t know if I should buy the TE2 black and blue design (I don’t want any SF4-themed ones) or wait it out. Does anybody know if the next round of sticks will have any new features that they’ve talked about that will be different from the TE2 out now/soon?

From the looks of it at E3, it’s new artwork and white sides, no touch pad or anything new.

It looked really nice. Not sure when they’l be available. I’d like to get one before July but also wondering if there will be sales during CEO or EVO or anything. I hope MarkMan stumbles through here and gives us an update on new products coming out and sale information.

Read both threads about peoples opinions/experiences and see what seems more appealing to you.

The Madcatz is much heavier, which makes it more stable for lap use. On a flat surface, the Kai should be fine if it’s screwed on, or if the surface is high friction (thanks to its grip pads).

I need the weight so I returned the RAP4 to Amazon and I’m going to stick with madcatz…if I find a decently priced one. Prices right now are crazy :slight_smile: