This happens when you play online and try to f.mp reset off a bad spray. I don’t even know what to say…
- b.mp does not have a jp state (jp0), meaning it can’t be used to combo after any other move that causes jp1 or higher (hk ruffian, ex zonk fadc, lp rocks etc).
- bad spray FADC causes jp01 and always hits twice. (you cant fadc the first hit)
- I went to training room afterwards to test this further. I was able to get only one hit of wake up sand but wasn’t able to combo with anything but jp1 moves (f.mp, hk ruffian, ex cu etc).
- this leads me to my conclusion: you need to hit with wakeup sand’s first hit AND the second needs to whiff. since b.mp is jp0, this means the first hit causes jp0 or ‘free float state’ which means you could combo EVERY MOVE (that is quick enough of course) (eg. focus crumble, akuma lk tatsu etc).
- I wasn’t able to reproduce it at all, meaning it’s pretty situational and VERY strict. tho, be my guest to test it further and find a specific setup (video: lp shoryuken, wakeup sand fadc. consider a possible delay on the jump or sand tho).