Bored at work and thought I’d start a new discussion for fun, but feel free to totally shut this down if it’s goofy or been done already. Maybe because I remember being excited hearing the claims of Ultra being the version where everyone would finally get the character they want before finding out they meant that it was by adding edition select (ugh), but I started wondering: with all the iterations of Guile we’ve had in SF4 and all the things they’ve given then taken away, what would a realistic, reasonable potentially “S” tier Guile even be? I will always only ever consider myself a casual decent Guile player, but if Capcom ever got serious and wanted a game with every character at their max abilities without breaking the characters’ core, I can see Guile having the following:
- Auto-correct flash kick (no if’s, ands, or buts about this one… lol)
- AE2012 Ultra 1 (no auto-correct if regular fk already does)
- USF4 air throw
- just slightly lower than SSF4 attack damage numbers (USF4 U2 damage would remain)
- Vanilla SB meter gain
- USF4 UDK with hitbox modified to hit entire cast
- USF4 GHK properties
- AE2012 life/stun numbers
- faster lk.knee recovery
- a backdash with just slightly below the utility of Rose’s (I think it’d be fair… “evasion” is a part of defense, so why shouldn’t a “defensive character” have this? =)
10)… and if they insist on keeping this p.o.s. move, Guile shades builds meter.
… these are all from memory, so if some don’t make sense I could just be thinking about the wrong edition (there’s been so many, right? lol). Feel free to agree, disagree, add or subtract to this. Somehow I think Guile with the tools above would be legit against similar ultimate versions of the rest of the cast, but I admit I don’t know the game well enough to say for sure.