What're your favorite 8-bit soundtracks?

I must admit i’ve always love the tracks we heard on all those ninja gaiden games on the NES and the wonderful 8-bit sound effects on excitebike, but until the other day i hadn’t really thought about the quality of 8-bit soundtracks as a singularity as opposed to BGM in an NES game.

I’ve always loved the soundtrack to Megaman 9 personally, and downloaded it the other day and now can’t stop listening to it!

What about you guys, anyone else a sucker for these awesomely collaborated MIDI tracks? If so, what are some of your favourites?

[media=youtube]Neg4h7LqFBs"[/media]

there’s a vg music thread not far down on this page.

im currently digging the [media=youtube]sf06P-_1lkU"]VVVVVV soundtrack: [URL=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUjkFTAEGzU”[/media]

off the top of my head:

ninja gaiden 2
castlevania 2
mario bros 2
batman
mega man 2

whats great about these is that the minibosses did covers for them. you should check em out: http://www.minibosses.com/

bubbleman is one of my favorite songs. i can’t really say what soundtrack would be my favorite, but it gives me good reason to go play some emu’s…

Ninja Gaiden

final fantasy, castlevania and megaman 2 were perfect
contra and tetris were great too

Anything Capcom and Konami made during the NES days were pretty much gold.

mega man 1, 2 and 3 had ridiculously good stage music
super mario 3
crystalis

Battletoads

Even the pause music rocked.

:lol: Indeed it did. [media=youtube]Jhl9pJB-2Ak[/media]

Here’s the stage music from Area 5 of TMNT1: [media=youtube]jgDbohdN-1c&feature=related[/media]

Red Dragon stage from Strider: [media=youtube]b5-Xf8ChuV0&feature=PlayList&p=7775A4DD5E1C7DAA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33[/media]

tetris…

yea, i said it.

Double Dragon 2
Castlevania 3
Megaman 1-6
Star Tropics
SMB2
SMB3

Festers Quest opening
Castle of Dragon opening

Don’t think I care about much else…

pokemon silver
final fantasy2
castlevania

Jackie Chan Action Kung-Fu

Battle of Olympus is a severely underrated 8-Bit soundtrack (and an underrated game).

Wizards and Warriors was good too.

hehe

BOW chick BOW chick BOW chick chick chick BOOMPH chick BOOMPH chick BOOMPH chick chick chick

Good times, good times

Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden had excellent complex themes for games back then, but Super Mario Bros has the most classic themes of all.

If you like covers/arrangements you should get this.
Unless of course, you didnt like Megaman 9/its soundtrack

thepiratebay.org/.../Mega_Man_9_Official_Arrange_Soundtrack

awesome stuff nonetheless