Whats wrong with my stick?

So I’ve had a round 2 TE for a while with the usual wear and tear, but recently its really been bothering me.

My joystick is feeling really loose, more loose than a lot of my friends that have had theirs longer. I understand that they wont always be as crisp as when you first get them but the handle is real jiggly and the ball top is wiggling around a lot more than it should be.

I took off the bottom and stuck a screwdriver in the bottom and turned it back on tighter to try and fix it but it worked for all of about 10 minutes. Is there anything else I can do in order to get the joystick feeling more crisp and reactive?

I play rufus and its so bad that it sometimes throws off my divekicks, so it is getting super frustrating. =/

Any help is appreciated!

Get threadlock for the ball and a new spring for the stick.

The learn to not mash.

maybe thats what I get for having balrog be my first character =/

where would be the best place to get this stuff?

and thanks for the info yo

Beside of a new jlf spring, you can buy an additional seimitsu ls 33 spring and put them both ! in your stick, makes the stick even a little bit more stiffer ( the ls 33 spring is the weakest spring on the market, so it adds a little bit more stiffness, not dramatically, otherweise chose the ls 55 spring).

cool, thanks so much. So if I order the Is 55 and doubled it up with my other spring it would be a lot more stiff? Also, is it pretty easy to change out? I didnt remember actually seeing the spring when i took the bottom off of mine.

and what is a threadlock? I googled it and cant find anything for joysticks haha.

thanks again for the help

getting an LS-33 spring will make it a lot crisper.
i have this setup on every JLF i own.

Threadlock is used to keep screws/bolts from coming loose.

Get loctite blue (medium strength)… Red is the high strength stuff and you dont need that

http://www.google.com/search?q=threadlocker+blue

You can get springs and other replacement stuff from lizardlick.com

That’s not a spring issue. The lubrication on the bearing might be dried off and the motion is taking some of the pivot gradually, causing and increasing the jiggly. I recomend you to relub the bearing base with Shin-Etsu G-40M or Dow Molykote 44 with a new pivot cylinder. That should definetly fix the problem.