Where to Find a PS2 HRAP

Can’t find any, most likely because they are considered “obsolete”. However I mainly play SF anniversary collection on my PS2 (that’s pretty much ST and 3s), and one of them would come in handy, since I have no idea on how I would get the Wii Tatsu Stick- If i were to get one- to work for PS2.

Make a WTB thread for one in trading outlet. I usually see them go for reasonable price.

You’re gonna have to get it second hand. I looked for one for a really long time but, couldn’t find one so I ended up making my own PS2 stick from a nubytech anniversary pad.

Convertors wont even help you because almost every convertor is ps2 -> something.

As a matter of fact through the use of convertors my PS2 stick works with every single console that exists (just about). This made the work I put into this stick much more worth it.

Although if you’re only playing 1 PS2 game you could just get a 360 stick and play 3s and ST through emulators (I use FBA from GGPO and play it offline)

ebay. you could look at an hrap 2 sa which is the same parts as the TE. but being as they were never released officially you are gonna have to pay that import premium. when I bought mine it was 200$ ugh I’ve got like over 1k in arcade sticks in my collection wtf is wrong with me.

I got my HRAP back when it was the cheapest jap style stick you could get, you had to import it by buying from playasia and yeah, I think it was like $200 after shipping. For this reason I probably wouldn’t ever sell it since I have a PS2 --> USB converter for it so I can use it on PS3. I honestly don’t think I’d even straight up trade it for a TE (which is a better stick) since I paid so much for it and since I’ve had it so long. I’m guessing this is why you’re not seeing many for sale online.

This… I saw one for sale at 150 shipped like a week ago. good condition too.

Yeah, if those are the two main games you play, I’d just get a HRAP3 and use it with your computer (it’s USB so it’s PS3/PC compatible) which is what I do.

Only thing is, I have MvC2 and CvS2 on my PS2 and I’ve been looking at getting a HRAP2 so I can play them with a stick rather than the horrible PS2 pad/analog stick. SO I might join you in the WTB search. :-/

You could always get yourself a Hori Tekken 5 stick. The parts aren’t the greatest but you can always swap them out for Sanwas if you want (which you’d probably be doing with an HRAP anyways, since the buttons are typically Hori stock).

I just scored one on Ebay for 40 dollars US, but customs may or may not murder me. With shipping + mods it’ll probably come to somewhere between 100-120. My HRAP was well over 200 after I paid overseas shipping and I think it would have been closer to 300 once I modded it.

You could always get yourself a Hori Tekken 5 stick. The parts aren’t the greatest but you can always swap them out for Sanwas if you want (which you’d probably be doing with an HRAP anyways, since the buttons are typically Hori stock).

I just scored one on Ebay for 40 dollars US, but customs may or may not murder me. With shipping + mods it’ll probably come to somewhere between 100-120. My HRAP was well over 200 after I paid overseas shipping and I think it would have been closer to 300 once I modded it.

The hard part is that the T5 top panel only accepts hori buttons without modifying the steel plate

Shite, I didn’t actually realize what a tedious process that would be. It’s still a solid stick to dick around with though, and not terribly expensive.

art sells replacement top panels though if you want to take the lazy route

thanks

Thank you for all the advice. But I think I’ve found a stick now to find it in town. It’s the namco arcade stick for ps1, which has pretty much the same input as the ps2 so I assume it can be converted in the same way. I heard you can obtain one for about ten bucks at a classic gaming or thrift shop.

http://www.fefeo.com/ebay/controller_ps2/01.jpg

Good luck finding it at that price. They are highly sought after by many people. They often go for significantly more than that in the trading outlet.

No arcade parts either.

It’s an old arcade stick. Trust me the pawn shop isn’t gonna sell that for 300 bucks.

Good luck

you’e gonna need it

What Pawn shop would have one? These are very difficult to find. You cant even find one on ebay… thats how hard they are to get.

i know i looked.well i just bought a five buck asciiware stick but its so square that i cant shoryu well and its a little uncomfortable. wish you could rent sticks… although i could just mod the actual joystick part and swap it for a sanwa or octo/circular american bat stick.
…i did find some others though, a couple of tekken 5 sticks like nica has, some mayflashes, and some bat-top brand that dustloop recommends. sansa or something…
im used to a jagged motion for shoryus, but on square its fwd qcf it seems… it isnt like this on major sticks like the te is it?
anybody have experice with the anniversary collection stick? that any good?

and… I have a ps2. dududadadaaa. so that’s what i use lol.

double post for a bump, found it on google lol.
anyway how easy is the asciiware ps1 stick to mod? buying sanwa or hori parts by themseleves doesn’t look too expensive. also maybe i can get a case later.http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511egvM8r1L.SL160.jpg