Where to get Taiyu Yudens?

I remember someone added a link to buy taiyu yudens cheap from here. I tried to do searches and i couldn’t find it.

i think it was a hong kong site or something…does anyone know what i’m talking about?

it’s Taiyo Yuden , I would go to shop4tech.com because i get them fast, YMMV

whats so good about these?

What are these?

Blank DVDs and media.

I always buy my TYs from newegg.com.

Good prices and have not had a problem yet.

are these blanks superior to others, whats up?

But why buy from a middleman when you can almost go to the source… This is starting to sound like a scene from American Gangster… For most people it’s not a major difference, but a lot of people who keep archives and are otherwise protective of their discs would rather go with a brand that they trust.

Their reputation has been this way for a while. A friend and I used to go to various electronics stores for the sole purpose of trying to find Taiyo Yudens.

yeah these blank dvd’s were far the best i ever had. i heard it from someone from this forum and that person also included a link to where to buy it.

i depleted my stock so i was looking to buy some more again…i just can’t seem to find the site where i got it from. it was cheaper compared to newegg and shop4tech “i think”. that’s why i’m asking.

How are they better?

I just want some DVDs that support lower write speeds… (or do they all?) I’m burning Xbox Backups and i’m supposed to write at 4x or lower…

I get mine from Super Media Store. Never went to that Shop4Tech place before, but the place I go to is like $10 cheaper for the Silver Thermal Lacquer discs (100 Premium) from the looks of it.

Edit for aznchristmas: http://adterrasperaspera.com/blog/2006/10/30/how-to-choose-cddvd-archival-media

Taiyo Yuden doesn’t make DL DVDs does it?

Nope. People usually recommend Verbatim dual layered discs if you’re interested in DL media, though.

I am currently using Verbatim DLs but my cousin just told me that Verbatims are being made in another country now so they aren’t as good as they used to be. I don’t know if it’s true or not but I would like another good option when I run out of my current stock :confused:

i ve used them a lot too…for backing up anime and other stuff i ve downloaded

didnt know they were so hard to find…

lots of stores have em for sale here