Where to start in umvc3?

Alright imma new umvc3 player coming from ssf4 . Im still learning the basics in this game and what characters are capable of, ive picked my team basically on looks iron fist , hawkeye and nova . Im a really rushdown type player but like to lame it out when i can was trying to figure out if this a good team or what like with assist and everything . Could someone help me out i dont want to take 8 months to know what im doing like in ssf4 lol ?

Guess it depends on what you want to do with the game?

I’d be trolling if I said “the best place to start is MvC2” but in UMvC3, it’s a little more “simple” than SSFIV:AE. If a character works for you, focus, try out all the assists, find a good rushdown team, play around with the ordering, see if you can sub out “better” characters (i.e. higher defense, similar results). Experiment. Wash, rinse, repeat. I’ve always looked at the Vs. series as about being as “creative” as you can be, as opposed to Street Fighter, which is more about hit-boxing and frame data. I think UMvC3 is still a little young to see “Which assist is best” or “which team is dominating.” Right now, what you are seeing is a community feeding on itself… Wesker is dominating because there were a few great Wesker players that dominated, so everyone started focusing on Wekser, so now you have Wesker dominating… etc. It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Get REALLY good with your “favorite” characters, learn new ways to setup, use the assists that suit your play style etc. I think we’re at the point where the more unique you can be while being good, you can stand a chance against the skilled players that are all falling in line with whatever’s popular.

find a character you like.
go to that character’s sub forum
acknowledge the fact that you WILL be salty at some point.
pick an assist that really helps him/her/it do whatever they do easier
pick an assist to help with combo extension

Training room. Please don’t jump into online mode and have no idea what you’re doing. It’s really fucking annoying playing people like that.

Hah… you don’t like easy wins? If someone didn’t know what they were doing, wouldn’t it be a quick match anyway? Strange…

I know, strange right? I mean why would I want to play someone who knows what they’re doing when I can just body scrubs who have never played this game? After all that is how you get better right? /sarcasm

If that’s your goal why are you random matching online? Just stick to communities/friends/tourney’s.

I don’t know how to reply to this. I don’t know if you’re trolling or you’re just stupid?

lol at u two guys at the end , but thanks alot this helps me improve sort of well at least lets me understand the game a little more any more advice would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Yeah, there are some “interesting” people out there… lol. What are you having trouble with exactly? Do you find yourself struggling with a particular aspect, or are you just looking for “best team” etc.?