I’m currently a PC gamer, and I love SF4 for the PC…but with Capcom most likely giving us the shaft (not releasing SSF4 for PC, or delaying release by months), I’m forced to consider buying a console. I currently use a 360 TE stick for the PC, so that’s one consideration–though I might be able to trade if necessary.
Question is, which console would you recommend for SSF4? Here are some pros and cons I can think of:
- I already own a 360 TE stick, so I won’t need to worry about buying a PS3 one or exchanging.
- The online base is probably the highest…more matches, less wait time.
- Cheaper, can get a Microsoft-refurbished 360 Pro (20GB HDD) w/warranty for $200.
- Possibility that the console will cause tons of problems (RROD)
- Xbox Live Gold subscription fee
- Wireless adapter has to be purchased separately
- No blu-ray, not a lot of other titles I’m interested in.
- Blu-ray functionality
- Better build quality overall
- Free online play, built-in wireless
- Some cool exclusive titles (e.g., Heavy Rain) though I’m not sure if I’ll play them.
- Smaller online community
- I’d need to replace my current TE stick for a PS3 version
- More expensive for a system (but maybe cheaper since no wireless adapter or online fees?)