Which is the best Arcade Stick for PC?

Looking for the best arcade stick for PC after realizing my SF4 TE Stick does not work.

A 360 TE would be the best option. It’s basically plug and play without all of the extra stuff.

Anything with Xinput. This includes some Hori products as well as most Xbox 360 controllers, just to name a few. Please ask in the appropriate thread next time instead of making a new one.

What’s not working with it? It could just be a matter of needing a USB hub or installing a new input card in your PC, which costs much less than a new stick. Worst case scenario you could buy a 3rd party PCB for your stick which would only cost $10-80 depending on which on you get. Much cheaper than buying a new stick if you didn’t want to buy one.

What exactly is wrong with your SF4 TE stick?
Does the stick NOT function AT ALL in the PC? or is this some sort of street fighter 5 issue again?
Is the PCB broken?
If the Sf4 stick actually functions in windows “joy.cpl” game controllers and all the buttons/inputs register, just install and use XOUTPUT 0.11 for Street fighter 5 and stop worrying about what stick to buy.

if the stick is physically busted/dead, then some good sticks for PC are:

Any Xbox 360 Tournament Edition madcatz stick (native xinput support)
Qanba Q4raf with switch on Xbox 360 position (native xinput support)
Hori Rap4 Kai or Rap V hayabusa (NEW VERSION WITH XINPUT PC SWITCH in both cases).

The BEST realistic option for buying a stick today is the Hori, as then you can use it on PS4 at a friend’s house, without any hassle. If I were buying a brand new stick today and did not want to mod anything, I would get the Rap4 Kai or Rap V Hayabusa new version.

(the Kai has the buttons farther away from the joystick, while the Hayabusa follows the Vewlix layout

The problem with Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Stick is that it need a board with a VIA chip to properly work. It does not matter the software.

Incorrect. its not a VIA Chip, VIA is A PCI board manufacturer not a chip manufacturer.

You are confusing the matter with the older Mad Catz TE and SE sticks and UHCI incompatibility issues. UHCI is a Intel propitiatory protocol for USB communication. Very few if any newer motherboards even supports this.
Its not the USB PCI card brand that matters, its whether or not that board is hard-wired to support UHCI protocols which the older Mad Catz TE Round 1 and Round 2 sticks used.

Not every VIA brand PCI USB expansion card will work, it has to be UHCI compliant, newer USB 3.0 and 3.1 PCI-e cards lacks UHCI protocols.
UHCI has been left out of USB 3.0 and 3.1 specs, OHCI and EHCI from USB 1.1 and 2.0 been carried over.

That issue has been described at length here
MadCatZ PS3 TE FightStick: PC - Xp- vista- win7 32-64bit (read 1st post)

The one real fix for a old Mad Catz TE Round 1 or Round 2 Street Fighter IV stick is a PCB replacement.

Actually, VIA did make chipsets at one time. They were considered a low cost alternative to Intel. I forgot if this was during the Pentium 2, Pentium 3 or early P4 days. Instead of buying a 440BX chipset, you could get a low cost VIA chipset. All I remember at the time is there were driver issues and other crap that happened. And again this was too long ago, but I THINK VIA chipsets were able to keep the AGP bus locked at 33 MHz when overclocking the Front Side Bus (FSB), while Intel chipsets overclocked the AGP bus (the usual divider was 1/2 for 66 MHz FSB, and 1/3 for 100 MHz), could lead to video card crashes), until more dividers were added. As time went on, this became a non factor as newer boards locked the AGP bus to 33 mhz.

Might be wrong if it was VIA or some other chipset which allowed easy FSB overclocking. Feel free to correct me on this, I mean this was like 20 years ago…

Okay I was incorrect, VIA did make chipsets for motherboards, and PCI cards.

But don’t expect the current market to provide VIA products that still support UHCI.

I guess I will need a new arcade stick for my PC. I on the fence between :360:

HORI Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC (Hayabusa)
Mad Catz Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick TES+ for PlayStation4 and PlayStation3
Mad Catz Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick TE2+ for PlayStation4 and PlayStation3

Which ones do you guys like? Any other recommendation is appreciated.

Didn’t we already answer this for you already? So now you’re asking about which PS4 stick you should buy for the PC?
The two madcatz sticks aren’t native xinput compatible but there is a driver tool they released that makes them work under xinput. YMMV on how much input lag it adds though.
The madcatz sticks use Sanwa parts.

I would get the Hori.

Not so much. There are things to take into account like the input lag your are mentioning. That is why I am asking. I prefer the MADCATZ, but it seems the Hori could be a better fit. Or maybe there is another option that offers more value.

How bout the ‘be a man’ option? Get urself a brook ufb pcb with all headers soldered on from paradise arcade and use that to upgrade ur current te stick.

When ur done, u will find urself with a full voluptuous beard and chest hair that would make tom selleck salty.

hahah

Best option, cost the most but the least amount of tinkering HORI Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC (Hayabusa)
The PC mode on the HORI Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai supports both Dinput and Xinput APIs for games. And its USB 2.0
Games like Street Fighter 5, and PC games under the “Games for Windows” branding or PC games with the “XBOX” Branding requires Xinput.

No Allowing PCI cards to install, with the guessing game of does this card supports UHCI or not.
And the Hori stick is forwards compatible with USB 3.0 and 3.1

Buddies q1 wont connect to pc trying to play ki on pc

do not understand

Its the ps3 pc version says it won’t work with ki

Killer instinct as well as many Xbox One branded PC games and games like Street Figther V needs controllers that are Xinput compatible.
Most controllers are Dinput compatible but not Xinput.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers are Xinput compatible as well as Controllers like Horis new PS4 controller that has a PC mode (for Xinput)
There also software that allows for Dinput only controllers to work as Xinput devices.

Killer Instinct PC Arcade Stick help