Who do you guys think is vega worst match up?

vega

And why

Good Rog, Sim and Bison Could be hell > < Guile & Chun annoying

Defenitly not Rog, or Sim in my book. Im learnign that forcing Rog to play footsies puts him at a disadvantage, im not Ryu so his bullshit doesnt work. Sim is all about patience, and effieciency, something I know a lot of guys here are not good at. Any match up where the opponent can zip by your poking game, and avoid you poking game is a bad match up in my book. Guile is infinitely easier once you learn that blocking 7 booms = 1 cr.mp. Once you learn your pokes, Chun is Ok, if she decides to play footsies. Other wise if she rushes it gets rather annoying, but still not bad. Blanka isnt even an issue, that match up is all about knowing how frame advantage works, reaction, and knowing how to poke. Honda is about space and having those Super Turbo fundementals, not only that he is now so much easier now ever since i realized if Honda aint holding back you simply walk forward if he is holding down back, so can you at full screen.

Bison is the one im more afraid simply because i still dont AA 50% of the time.
Abel on the other hand, simply because he got pokes, he hurts, he is fast, and you cant block. He is the only character that you cannot sit and block, and that imo makes him the worst match up. Not only that what poke you use and how you pressure him is very important thanks to that roll. Abel is defenitly the hardest match up. Im starting to second guess if Cammy is really that bad, not teching on wake up, or just taking the throw really fucks Cammy up. Maybe its a player thing. Not used to seeing shit like that.

I actually like the Balrog match up, don’t find it difficult at all. Just gotta watch out for the headbutt into Ultra setup. A good Sim can be frustrating as hell, but I do find the match up to be fun. Bison… now that one can be tough. Guile is straight up annoying like you said, but not too difficult. A good Chun can be a real bitch (pun intended) of a match up.

I’d say a really good Rufus would be one of Vega’s worst match ups, just due to the fact that Vega (as we all know) suffers under pressure. And that is Rufus’s game right there.

Here is something that i learned and is probably the hardest thing all of us learn. Stop pushing buttons, you then see Rufus and Cammy are not so bad. Any match where you can block freely cant be a bad one in my book any more.

i am still soo free against good chun, ibuki, viper

i second the chun vote. im having problems against good chuns in my area. shes so damn good in footsies and air to air. rough match imo.

???

Why is chun so hard for you guys? is it the sweep?

i have played against vegas with my chun, if i played footsies the vegas get raped, and its not just the sweep, but then again the vegas in my local scene are very bad to say the least… i havent lost a mirror match with vega neither :/, so yeah my example sucks… and yes fundamentals are very important playing as vega, blocking and teching that is, so my vote is for abel and maybe makoto (i have played a couple of good ones) but thats me sucking at that match up

its that sweep, hazansho, cr.HP and cr.mp(as anti airs). tick throw setups. She doesn’t have many very punishable moves, and she has really good anti-airs.

this. she has a lot of good tools at her disposal and few weaknesses.

Then my question is why are you jumping in? Puken isnt a reason to jump. and neither is st.mp or sweep. I can see why the ticks are killing you, but eventually you will get the hang of it.

Makoto is dangerous when they know their buttons courtesy of Ninja CW. You cant sit and block, and you have to decide when to back dash, because she punishes that with fst.mp, and if she jump in and you decide to back dash she can do OS sweep.

FYI

i find getting in on a patient zoning Ryu harder becaue of cr.mk xx Hado. Especially when they know their pokes. Im still trying to figure out why Chun is such a hard match up? it used to be hard, I used to get ass raped, but its not hard anymore for me, and cant see why it would be. Its still tough, but so is everyone in this game when the player knows wht there doing.

Worst according to me: Abel, Rufus, Cammy, Honda.

i find getting in on a patient zoning Ryu harder becaue of cr.mk xx Hado. Especially when they know their pokes. Im still trying to figure out why Chun is such a hard match up? it used to be hard, I used to get ass raped, but its not hard anymore for me, and cant see why it would be. Its still tough, but so is everyone in this game when the player knows wht there doing.
[/quote]

im the complete opposite. my friend plays a really solid ryu so i have experience in that matchup and i find his footsies easier to handle then chuns. to each his own i guess…

Thing with Ryu is im wary about cr.mk xx hado for a reason. that reason being FADC cancel to sweep or whatever. Its not his footsies i worry about, its about the immediate threat that presents. But that is easy avoided with proper footsies, and use of st.hp. but Melubals list I agree with. Cammy/rufus dont feel like the impossible matches they use to feel in Vanilla or early super any more. Neither Honda, but they are still my toughest match ups for me. Shout out to RobVga Seth. Always making Anti-Vega tech, and the matches are really turning into very basic poking zoning matches.

Chun, Honda and Bison

IMO

some annoying matchups: Guile, Balrog, Rufus, Abel.

@the guy that said Viper and Ibuki: whats giving you trouble with these two? I find it surprising honestly coz I’ve played some of the better players that use those characters (DevilJin, Wolfkrone) and didnt have much trouble.

Honda.
I find Chun annoying but you just have to learn to outfootsie her, with Bison you just play smart and safe.

I find Guile and Rufus extremely irritating and Balrog. Haven’t fought any Abel’s that are any good since vanilla so I haven’t got an opinion with him.

abel can be hell u have to play super safe and most time i think don’t follow up your attack becuz you play into his hands. he want your closer.

it’s definitely between Chun or Abel

double post

my worse are honda and balrog sort of.

Hmm, I can’t really say there’s a character that is all that hopelessly difficult to fight or anything close to that. About half the cast can be really tough if the player is really good, but when I get beat down and owned I feel like it was because I genuinely wasn’t quick/smart enough, not because I lacked the tools.

However, it’s a lot easier to pick out characters that can more easily frustrate me when they do things right:
Adon, Abel, Honda, Guy, Rufus

But Chun-li? Noooo way, haha. She’d be like 24th on my list. Maybe I’m just used to it more than others.